ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Joining

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alan

Red face Joining

I reside in N.J. I am currently in the process of setting up a 225 gallon discus aquarium with a wet/dry filter and refugium. Can I join this particular club. Thanks. AL.

Registered Member

Default Re: Joining

Yes Sir Welcome

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bill

Welcome Al from a fellow resident of the great state of N.J.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by plantman3 View Post
    I reside in N.J. I am currently in the process of setting up a 225 gallon discus aquarium with a wet/dry filter and refugium. Can I join this particular club. Thanks. AL.
    You most certainly can. Welcome to SimplyDiscus. Your one stop shop for everything discus

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Alan,

Welcome. How about telling us about your discus experience, existing discus, plans for your setup, etc.

Ron

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alan

Ron. I have been keeping tropical fish for many years. I have now decided to try my hand at discus. My system is comprised of a 225 gallon aquarium, a 30 gallon refugium, a twin tower trickle system, five 360we Kessil pendant LED lights, two Eco-Tech VectorL1 pumps, a GLA CO2 Regulator, an Aqua Sterilizer, and a variety of electronic (monitoring) equipment. The tank and the refugium are both planted. I am still in the process of setting up the system. I ordered six large (7") discus from Kenny"s Discus and I plan to pick them up at the airport this coming Monday. I HOPE everything goes well. I can post some pictures of the aquarium after the fish settle down.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by plantman3 View Post
    Ron. I have been keeping tropical fish for many years. I have now decided to try my hand at discus. My system is comprised of a 225 gallon aquarium, a 30 gallon refugium, a twin tower trickle system, five 360we Kessil pendant LED lights, two Eco-Tech VectorL1 pumps, a GLA CO2 Regulator, an Aqua Sterilizer, and a variety of electronic (monitoring) equipment. The tank and the refugium are both planted. I am still in the process of setting up the system. I ordered six large (7") discus from Kenny"s Discus and I plan to pick them up at the airport this coming Monday. I HOPE everything goes well. I can post some pictures of the aquarium after the fish settle down.
    5 KESSIL 360'S??? Wow, I'd love to see that whole setup seeing as you didn't go the cheap route on lighting

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com