ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pat's Altums - Take 2

Default Re: Pat's Altums - Take 2

They were easily 5 inches Pat. They were in the corner where most the wild discus are, and had short wild looking fins for lack of a better way to say it. I was chasing my 2 year old around the store so didn't have time to snap a picture, but may be bringing them some fish of my own to sell in the next few days, so will do my best at that time. They have some nice angels in general, and often some young hybrid Altum looking things, but fairly regularly some really nice little full altums (to my eyes) roll through with nice high fins. They price always seems reasonable, and they never seem to last more than a week. I thought I saw some medium small ones today with less than perfect fins, but again was chasing my little one so didn't really stop to get a good look. I was after a heater, not fish anyays

Hey Pat, ya know I was back at the shop today and first saw them and said "hmm a bit smaller than I remembered" (about 4 inches), but then I saw a tank above with the two I originally saw, which were definitely 5 inches or so. I went to take a pic, and remembered I left my camera's SD card at home, and the internal storage was full = / Next time if they are still there.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

That figures mee. For whatever reason altum keepers always measure using SL. Perhaps due to the tail having those long beautiful points. Perhaps next time lol.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    Hey Pat, ya know I was back at the shop today and first saw them and said "hmm a bit smaller than I remembered" (about 4 inches), but then I saw a tank above with the two I originally saw, which were definitely 5 inches or so. I went to take a pic, and remembered I left my camera's SD card at home, and the internal storage was full = / Next time if they are still there.
    I did this at a meeting. I was designated to take pictures of the meeting at a local fish room and when I pulled out the camera and flashes, I try to take a picture and says "please insert memory card". My face was red I'm sure. Never again.....until next time, lol.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I did this at a meeting. I was designated to take pictures of the meeting at a local fish room and when I pulled out the camera and flashes, I try to take a picture and says "please insert memory card". My face was red I'm sure. Never again.....until next time, lol.
    As I tried to hone my skills with my GH2 to be a psuedo pro, I occasionally found myself traveling an hour or more and realizing I had done the same. With my GH2 it is hacked so has a very high bit rate, so most memory cards I can get won't cut it. It however got me buying many extra's, and I basically kept a bunch in my backpack which was always coming with me anyways. So even if I left 3 or 4 at home, I still had a couple... the whole camera phone thing is very new to me as I resisted the not so smart phones as long as possible. Now I need them for my multicopter hobby.. and it is nice to not always have to lug around the GH2 (though lately have been going back to it for quality reasons). But being micro sd's I only have 3, 1 for my phone, one for my tablet, and one for my gopro.. ok, maybe a couple other small ones I picked up for my audio recorder. Plan on picking up a 64gb for the gopro soon, so then I can put an extra in my backpack for oops moments.

Sooo... the sorta good news Pat, I remembered I tried a quick video with a new camera app I have been trying, cause I noticed even when it says it is full that app seemed to still be recording. Indeed it did, so I have about 10 seconds of not so clear video of the fish. I will try and figure out where it is stored on my phone and post it soon (assuming I don't get better shots soon).
    Last edited by mee; 03-04-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

Great thread pat. Whatever happened to the video of the Altums & Heckels together?

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by adrian31@outlook.com View Post
    Great thread pat. Whatever happened to the video of the Altums & Heckels together?
    Never made it Kenny. Had an issue with my parents and sent all the wilds to Al.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Gold Member
    Real Name
    Kenny

I see, thanks Pat.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011