ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Apistogramma Agassizi Pair

Default Re: Apistogramma Agassizi Pair

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Thanks Eddie, will set you up when you are back in the states again.
    Pat
    Deal!
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Deal!
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Jacklyn

I received my apisto juvies from pat today!!!!! Two fish were doas but the other 5 are safe and sound in my tank that I had prepared for them. Tomorrow I will post pictures the two pictures I took tonight are not good. After 10 minutes in the tank, they were swimming about establishing territories and sifting through the sand searching for food. I am very happy with the 5 fish I have received, they are really cute and quite boisterous. I saw two fighting over a cavelike spot under a magnolia leaf and their fighting was quite impressive for juveniles.

They are in a 10 gallon tank with a light layer of sand, some leaf litter and manzanita wood, one potted crypt and a heater heated to 80 degrees. rooibos stained water with some biomedia from another tank.
    Last edited by jmf3460; 10-02-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Pat

Jacklyn, so glad you like the little buggers. Sorry about the DOAs. In talking with Jacklyn one died in the bag and one bag split opened. My goal was no deaths. I was careful about fasting for 24 hours and using clean water for the bags. No sure what I will do different for next time. My one concern with the bags is having the fish get caught in a winkle in the bag and not being able to free itself. No clue on what to do different.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Jacklyn, so glad you like the little buggers. Sorry about the DOAs. In talking with Jacklyn one died in the bag and one bag split opened. My goal was no deaths. I was careful about fasting for 24 hours and using clean water for the bags. No sure what I will do different for next time. My one concern with the bags is having the fish get caught in a winkle in the bag and not being able to free itself. No clue on what to do different.
    Do as Kenny does and use a whole box of bags on one fish, lol, j/k. When you fill the bag up with air it eliminates the wrinkles and the potential hazard. Double and triple bag for no bag tears. If you get a few popped bags feedback from buyers then you need to up the amount of bags you use.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Do as Kenny does and use a whole box of bags on one fish, lol, j/k. When you fill the bag up with air it eliminates the wrinkles and the potential hazard. Double and triple bag for no bag tears. If you get a few popped bags feedback from buyers then you need to up the amount of bags you use.
    I am using the breather bags Ricardo so no air. You fill the bag with water but the bag is not taut. It needs to be more like a pillow when you place a little pressure on the bag. I can double bag them however.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    I received my apisto juvies from pat today!!!!! Two fish were doas but the other 5 are safe and sound in my tank that I had prepared for them. Tomorrow I will post pictures the two pictures I took tonight are not good. After 10 minutes in the tank, they were swimming about establishing territories and sifting through the sand searching for food. I am very happy with the 5 fish I have received, they are really cute and quite boisterous. I saw two fighting over a cavelike spot under a magnolia leaf and their fighting was quite impressive for juveniles.

They are in a 10 gallon tank with a light layer of sand, some leaf litter and manzanita wood, one potted crypt and a heater heated to 80 degrees. rooibos stained water with some biomedia from another tank.
    Hi Jacklyn, I have the original seven Apistos that I got from Pat. They are very engaging and fun to watch. They are growing very well and they do have a bit of sand in a twenty gallon long with two little caves which they do like. Out of the seven I have five that have grown very well and two small ones that seem to be growing as well. The were the two smaller ones anyway. They love to eat! I feed them sometimes five times a day. They are on crushed FDBW's and frozen brine shrimp cubes. Enjoy. Rufus

Real Name
    Pat

Pictures Rufus
    Pat

Real Name
    Ricardo

I am using the breather bags Ricardo so no air. You fill the bag with water but the bag is not taut. It needs to be more like a pillow when you place a little pressure on the bag. I can double bag them however.
    ah I see, breather bags.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Pictures Rufus
    Pat
    You know me Pat, putting pictures on this forum is too complicated for my non pragmatic mind! I will try at some point. I sent you a text message this afternoon but you never answered. Easier on my phone directly to you for pics. Rufus

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Rudustin View Post
    You know me Pat, putting pictures on this forum is too complicated for my non pragmatic mind! I will try at some point. I sent you a text message this afternoon but you never answered. Easier on my phone directly to you for pics. Rufus
    Rufus, I did not receive your text. Can you sent it again. Send pictures anytime.
    Pat

Sent the message again just now via text Pat. Rufus

Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Rudustin View Post
    Sent the message again just now via text Pat. Rufus
    Got it Rufus

Real Name
    Jacklyn

well here are the two pics I was originally not going to post. they are not good and I hope to get better ones tomorrow with a water change.
    apistos1.jpegapistos2.jpeg
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Pat

They are so cute Jacklyn, thanks for the pictures.
    Pat

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast