ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fin rot questions

Default Re: Fin rot questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Everything has been running so well lately I haven't tested the ph for almost a year. All my water is ran through a 5 micron sediment filter then a 1 micron and .6 micron carbon block. It's then aged, circulated, and aerated before used. Just to be sure I'll monitor ph levels over the next few days. Thanks
    Jason, With all you do to have great water it shouldn't be the problem. I'm just suggesting what happened to me while ago. It would just eliminate one more thing so that you can narrow down the cause. Best regards. Rufus

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

I just tested the ph from my tap to the aged barrels and finally the tank water just before tonights wc, so it's pretty much an immediate ph, 24 hour ph, and 48 hour ph. Out of the tap is shows about 7.6, in the barrels its around 8.2, and in the tank it was 8.0.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Since it goes through filters, what is your tds?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Since it goes through filters, what is your tds?
    TDS are usually around 140-150ish

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    TDS are usually around 140-150ish
    I've been trying to figure this out for you but it just seems to be out of my scope. I thought maybe it was a mineral deficiency.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jason

It's been a over a week and my fish still isn't really looking much better. For a quick recap: The first day or two I treated the main tank with Para Guard since it worked for me last time however since there was only one fish showing signs of anything this time I decided to go buy a 20g so I could treat a smaller amount of water and only the one fish. I then treated the one fish in the hospital tank with Para Guard for another couple days then I had to leave for the weekend. I got back Sunday night and started treating with Furan 2 and am still treating with this.
    So at this point I have a few questions. One I haven't been able to get the fish to eat since I put it in the hospital tank so it's been over a week. The fish is about 4.5", how long can he go like this before I really need to start worrying? Also over the last day or two the fish has produced small white spots on a couple of fins and the body. Does the Furan 2 not treat this and if not when the Furan 2 treatment is over should I treat the fish with another medication? Finally does everyone treat Furan 2 by the instructions? I ask because it says to treat daily with 25% wc's every other day. Personally the 25% wc's only every other day is kind of driving me nuts as I usually do 50%-90% daily on my discus tanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12