ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny but true - German Blue Rams

Registered Member

Default Re: Funny but true - German Blue Rams

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    Awesome that you have a few new wee cards in the tank!

I was doing my Super Sunday tank scrub yesterday and as I was shaking my big sword plant to knock off any food particles I saw about a dozen itsy bitsy fry dash out, then back into it. I spent the next 20 minutes trying to see what type of fry they were and eventually realized that they are cards. Needless to say, I didn't lower the water column as far as I usually do. I left it just high enough for the new babies to remain hidden in the bottom most leaves of the sword plant.

I'm assuming that they are eating any teensy bits of flake food that land on the leaves.

Good luck with your rams, they're a fun fish to breed should you decide to go that way. =)
    That's so cool!

For years I had always heard that cardinals were only wild caught and nobody could reliably breed them. The fact that I have a couple extras suprised the hell out of me.

I'll let you know if I ever start breeding them... from what I am seeing, my big male is a beautiful specimen to start with.

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Default Re: Funny but true - German Blue Rams

I've always heard that cards are hard to breed too. Never had any fry from mine till now. As of my water change yesterday I counted over a dozen of them who have, so far, managed to avoid becoming discus food.

They're really GOOD at hiding in my big sword plant! LOL
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12