AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Ica or Brown Heckel

Default Re: Red Ica or Brown Heckel

Quote Originally Posted by ODwyerPW View Post
    Very similar to a few places in Mexico along the Sea of Cortez. Lovely!

That is a very different looking Discus. You can see that the halo stops at the pronounced middle bar as well.
    Thanks a lot. I wish I could visit Mexico some day...!

Quote Originally Posted by seankelly View Post
    I agree,great looking Discus
    Thanks seankelly.

Sadly the discus is the smallest in the tank. He is badly chased by the others and had been hitten. I suppose that some nerve must have been 'disturbed' cause the fish had not eaten for more than ten days, never left his hideout and when he did he seemed a bit dizy. I do not think that was a desease because there was nothing else that I could see.
    I raised the temp at 32C and kept the daily WC's and now the fish is a lot better. It eats and very rearly hides. It keeps his stress bars but that's because he is badly chased. I am thinking of moving him in a smaller 35gallon aquarium and add 4 bit smaller discus so I can feed them 6-8 times per day with beefheart (the only thing he eats) and make 100% WC's.

I will post photos in the next days...
    Paul

I am in the awful position to inform you that I lost my Red Ica Heckel today. Really devastading as it was by far my favourite. I found it dead at the morning with no signs of illness from yesterday. He never ate much and had ful colours as it was the smallest in the tank. The fisrt that I thought was ammonia and after I measured some ammonia I started big WCs.

The thing is that I lost the fish.
    Paul

Real Name
    Ricardo

wow, that is too bad. That was a very beautiful discus.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you can figure out what could have happened.
    Jorge Q

Registered Member

found this thread when I am trying to seach about Ica red, sad to find out the fish is dead. no so many with such bar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123