AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: 75g w/ sump. Group of 25 discus grow out thread UPDATE: 2-7-16

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: 75g w/ sump. Group of 25 discus grow out thread UPDATE: 2-7-16

10-24-16 Update. They are now a year and 4 months. 2 are not growing as much any more but a couple have put on some weight which is surprising since I have cut down to only 2 feedings a day now. Worms and BH before WC. This video was right after a WC

Sry, if you watch this video in the next few minutes it may not have audio yet.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

These guys look superb Ricardo. I have not checked on them in a while. Really nice job with these guys. Have you seen any spawning behaviors?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

what a beautiful group! great work.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    These guys look superb Ricardo. I have not checked on them in a while. Really nice job with these guys. Have you seen any spawning behaviors?
    Pat
    Not even a little bit Pat. I'm not complaining. Let them hold off on aggression a little bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavalsp View Post
    what a beautiful group! great work.
    Thank you very much. I try

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ralph

This group are complete stunners Ricky Ricardo..Lol
    Grow-out log well documented that any new discus keeper can refer too as reference... but I have to say that Cuipeua Cross stands out for me.
    Keep an eye as I would think Larry Buggs would be mighty pleased to add to his collection for future breeding.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Grow-out log well documented that any new discus keeper can refer too as reference... but I have to say that Cuipeua Cross stands out for me.
    Keep an eye as I would think Larry Buggs would be mighty pleased to add to his collection for future breeding.

...Ralph
    I'd like to think that this cup cross was one of the best mistakes that has ever happened to me, discus related, lol.

In all honesty, I wish I had a whole group of these as well. Really missed the boat there when Al had these.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post

...Ralph
    I'd like to think that this cup cross was one of the best mistakes that has ever happened to me, discus related, lol.

In all honesty, I wish I had a whole group of these as well. Really missed the boat there when Al had these.

A couple things to note, this was right after a WC and they were sticking closer to the tank bottom. They rarely do that but I didn't feel like waiting till they started swimming normally.

Secondly, I accidentally got the wrong worms from Al this time around, no biopigment and have noticed a difference in the color of my cup cross. It is usually a lot more vibrant and intense. I must say, I like that look a lot better.

Cafepress.com

You have done a great job Ricardo, good size group you kept the best, I have a few younger ones they are about 7-8 months old, no color enhancers you can see the difference more golden. PS lots of Rings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Real Name
    Filip

Simply gorgeous Rick . You have done an excellent job with them. Your mistaken one is a stunner too.
    Now i think that you should give your self a break from the grow out phase and reevaluate your idea for making it a display setup with sand and driftwood .
    That would surely be a showcase tank with this stunning discus swimming in it .

Real Name
    Filip

[QUOTE=alcastro;1236461]You have done a great job Ricardo, good size group you kept the best, I have a few younger ones they are about 7-8 months old, no color enhancers you can see the difference more golden. PS lots of Rings.

Alcastro , no offence but i like Ricardos breed more . Allthough , who knows how this golden colours and patterns will proceed to develop and end up to be . LSS s with great pattern and distinguished rings on top of it , sounds very promissing too.

[QUOTE=Filip;1237278]
    Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    You have done a great job Ricardo, good size group you kept the best, I have a few younger ones they are about 7-8 months old, no color enhancers you can see the difference more golden. PS lots of Rings.

Alcastro , no offence but i like Ricardos breed more . Allthough , who knows how this golden colours and patterns will proceed to develop and end up to be . LSS s with great pattern and distinguished rings on top of it , sounds very promissing too.
    Ricardo's fish and mine are from same parents, his fish where fed with some color enhances mine where not but they are all brother sisters, I was trying to make a pint on the type of good you feed and the results.

Real Name
    Filip

[QUOTE=alcastro;1237320]
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Ricardo's fish and mine are from same parents, his fish where fed with some color enhances mine where not but they are all brother sisters, I was trying to make a pint on the type of good you feed and the results.
    I know that Ricardo discus is your breed Al , as I have been following his thread from the start.
    I just thought that your new pics are from the next generation fry and they turn out to be more golden coloured than Ricardo's fry.
    So are you saying that they are from same breed and the colour difference between this two groups is solely feeding mater and not genetic?

[QUOTE=Filip;1237322]
    Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post

I know that Ricardo discus is your breed Al , as I have been following his thread from the start.
    I just thought that your new pics are from the next generation fry and they turn out to be more golden coloured than Ricardo's fry.
    So are you saying that they are from same breed and the colour difference between this two groups is solely feeding mater and not genetic?
    Yes, that's the only difference and perhaps lighting.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Gotta love discus! One of my group freaked out yesterday during a WC. He literally scraped most of his scales off. They were all along the floor bottom. -1 point for 3D background.

I added some salt and hopefully it will heal soon. It looks pretty bad though. He doesn't seem any worse for wear as far as attitude is concerned.

We'll see how it goes.

Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

How is he doing Ricardo?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast