ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving

Default Re: Moving

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Hi, welcome back Eddie! How about a 125 as a headboard, with silent filtration of some kind? Would need a water source close by of course. Good luck with your move, we just moved too, so the work is still fresh in my mind.
    Barb

PS, cone business still going strong. For those who don't know here at SD, Eddie is the one who suggested I make swirl clay cones.
    I'm pretty sure the wife won't let me have discus anywhere near the bedroom. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    Good to see you back Eddie. Its kinda different without you. Hope things go well with moving and new tank.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    This is awesome to hear! Should have a good selection of stock over in Japan fish wise I would think!

It's always good to see you back in the swing of things here Eddie.
    Yeah man. I'm looking for some nice wild offspring and the breeder also has some nice vintage cobalts. I'm pretty stoked about it. As usual, I'll probably go for some young ones and grow them out. Discus are a fortune in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    How is Japan weather? Is it one of those places where it is warm most of the time during the year and the heaters hardly come on?

Like Matt mentioned, I'd imagine that it would be a great and easy place to find some high quality discus.
    The weather is moderate although it rains quite a bit. I was surprised to see the temp up around the 90s over the summer. It snows in the winter so the heaters will definitely be coming on.

This time around we are living in base housing for the central heating/cooling. We'll see how it all works out.

I'm currently at the airport now. My Son and I are flying directly over to Japan from London. We have a 12 hour flight ahead of us. It's going to be brutal.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Safe travels Eddie.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Be careful buddy.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Willie

Looking forward to seeing pictures of Japanese quality discus!

Willie

It's good to see you back on the forum, Eddie. I've always enjoyed your posts, hopefully there will be many more.

OMG!! Eddie, its wonderful to read that you will be back in DISCUSLAND!! I agree with Don & other posters, it will be nice to have you back on the forum...please stay safe traveling & I too will look forward to what you can accomplish with the quality of fish you will have to build with...good luck!!

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

In Japan don't they still sleep on those cheap roll out mats you always see in old war movies? Go for the tank. Welcome back to the forum.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member

I was wondering when we might hear from you . Great contributor glade your back. Rick

Thanks everybody! It's great being back on the forum. Now I just need a tank and some fish. Lol
    Visit Eddie's Place

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Thanks everybody! It's great being back on the forum. Now I just need a tank and some fish. Lol
    I'm sure you will take care of that in short order Eddie. Any promising leads?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Definitely Pat! Discarrow from Facebook. They've got a variety of Wild offspring and other varieties. Once I get established, that will be a first trip!

Tanks are crazy expensive here and I want a decent sized tank so it may be a little while before I find a tank.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Roland E. Wilson

Thumbs up Re: Moving

Welcome back dude, used to read all your posts when I first joined SD. As an retired USAF F/Sgt, I know all about them PCS moves with the family and getting set up again at the new base. Good luck and be safe. Looking forward of having you back into the hobby. Remember shipping an 65G tank in my house hold goods from the Philippines to Texas, arrived in all one piece....
    Last edited by farebox; 08-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Real Name
    Ralph

Good to see you back on Simply Eddie.
    Only hope you and your family can call where your staying home for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Tanks are crazy expensive here and I want a decent sized tank so it may be a little while before I find a tank.
    With your connections what would it take to hook up a crate full of tanks and supplies and parachute a drop near your door step. lol
    If only it was that easy buddy...

Good luck,
    ...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by farebox View Post
    Welcome back dude, used to read all your posts when I first joined SD. As an retired USAF F/Sgt, I know all about them PCS moves with the family and getting set up again at the new base. Good luck and be safe. Looking forward of having you back into the hobby. Remember shipping an 65G tank in my house hold goods from the Philippines to Texas, arrived in all one piece....
    Thanks! The forum was always a great community. I've been gone a long time. I'm anxious to get back into the hobby, at least until we move again. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Good to see you back on Simply Eddie.
    Only hope you and your family can call where your staying home for some time.

With your connections what would it take to hook up a crate full of tanks and supplies and parachute a drop near your door step. lol
    If only it was that easy buddy...

Good luck,
    ...Ralph
    Thanks Ralph. Well, we'll only be around Tokyo for 3 years but that's plenty of time to get some fish.

I wish I had some hookups like that. I'd get a few 150s in if I could. Lol
    Visit Eddie's Place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12