AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon's 240

Default Re: Devon's 240

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    From left to right 10% 5% 10%, and some days 5% 5% 5% at night if my wife and I are watching a movie i'll turn them all down to 1% I tend to highlight the sides or vise versa. I have never ran the lights over 20% and I never turn on the blue channel except at night the middle light switches to 1% blue till the morning.
    k thanks, makes me hopeful that dropping lumuns will help, i have just lowered my lights 50% to see if it helps with algea, i have low light plants but like "bright" tanks...so a bit of conflict there

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

^^^ done even get me started on price, My wife grills me every time there is a new package at the door or I pull out something new, Like the wood, last night I came dowm stairs from the bathroom tub and she was like whats that? I said wood she said How much? I grinned and acted like i didn't here her she soon resumed watching tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Debow View Post
    ^^^ done even get me started on price, My wife grills me every time there is a new package at the door or I pull out something new, Like the wood, last night I came dowm stairs from the bathroom tub and she was like whats that? I said wood she said How much? I grinned and acted like i didn't here her she soon resumed watching tv.
    make friends w/ neighbor, have items delivered there

but u r right, putting littles in huge tank, doesn't look right. some sprinkling is fine, but not as primary ingredient

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    k thanks, makes me hopeful that dropping lumuns will help, i have just lowered my lights 50% to see if it helps with algae, i have low light plants but like "bright" tanks...so a bit of conflict there
    I have zero algae I don't know why, I run a 55w uv, I have a nano reef that I have a battle with algae but I just put the light on a timer and have it turn on and off through out the day and it limits the photo period for the algae to grow. I have it so when I'm home the lights are on but when Im at work they are on for 2 hr and them off for 2 hrs. so far so good I run a quad t5 on a 10g nano reef so the light is way over kill.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Little video of my pair spawning. They soon ate the eggs after but they are still learning.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Video update

on glass, they are asking to be filmed...

nice update, what is the plant in back left, the stringy one?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Those blue diamonds look really nice! TFS

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Thanks guys this tank is a labor of love. And I forget the type of plant that I have its a stem plant, that's all I know I got it from aquariumplants.com

Real Name
    Filip

Beautiful updates Debow. Pair looks very nice.
    The new wood fits just great in that corner and the tank looks awesome overall.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Thanks, It is releasing tannin's and I kinda like the way it looks. The wife thinks it looks more natural. I cant say it looks bad but cant say I'm going to add the tannin's back after they are cycled out. I have noticed the fish like to go under the wood in between the roots and hang out till dinner is served. They seem to have spread out rather then clumping on the right side of the tank.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

you may not know it, but your fish are loving those tannins. love that piece of wood by the way, I buy all my manzanita from Rich he has great pieces.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Ya I have been stalking his site waiting for the right piece of wood. What do the fish get out of the tannin's? I know you use the tea to get yours that way and I might try it.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

the rooibos tea I use has antifungal, antibacterial and antibiotic qualities. much like drinking teas. the main thing I have noticed is how quickly wounds heal in my tank. my fish scratch on the wood from time to time and their scratches heal in days. ive never had any bacterial infections (knock on wood) but idk if its all because of the rooibos tea, maybe partly. your piece of wood is doing the same thing.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

I think I saw you say you got it on amazon?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast