AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracles custom 120 rimless reef to discus

Default Re: Miracles custom 120 rimless reef to discus

Still no word on the repair! They asked about major airports near me so maybe they are thinking of flying out? Good reminder to shoot them an email.

The RRR are doing great! They do really love fdbw even if I have switched them to pellets mostly, still get treats, haha!

Sounds like he bought a plane ticket and will be flying out mid March to personally fix the tank!

He is coming out on March 22nd to fix (and improve) the tank and flying out the next day. Can't get here soon enough, but happy they are taking care of it!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Hart24601 View Post
    He is coming out on March 22nd to fix (and improve) the tank and flying out the next day. Can't get here soon enough, but happy they are taking care of it!
    wow really? If this goes through, make sure to leave some positive feedback. That is some service.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

He bought this plane tickets and gave me the times so I hope it goes through! I will have to take half day PTO, but that is ok. They are going to ship me the razor blades, silicone and caulking gun before he gets here.

They are really a top notch place.

Just FYI he flew in yesterday and out today. Tank should be ready to fill in a week. Really nice guy, fun to hear about all the gigantic projects they work on like 12ft plus tanks that get moved in with a crane and people taking off the back of their house or 8ft deep aquariums in strip clubs!

Discus seem good in the holding tank, no issues.
    Last edited by Hart24601; 03-24-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Hart24601 View Post
    Just FYI he flew in yesterday and out today. Tank should be ready to fill in a week. Really nice guy, fun to hear about all the gigantic projects they work on like 12ft plus tanks that get moved in with a crane and people taking off the back of their house or 8ft deep aquariums in strip clubs!

Discus seem good in the holding tank, no issues.
    wow, I am really glad that all came together. I must say, I am really impressed by this customer service. So much so, that I would buy a new tank from them just on this story alone. TFS

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I was very impressed with Derek, no worried ordering a tank from them!

Hopefully the discus can go back in the tank this week! I am filling the display with water now so in a couple of days it should be ready. Keeping water out of the overflow so the silicone can cure, but since I use RO/DI water might as well fill the display and sump. I took the chance to replumb the UV and recirculation in the sump so I don't have to use additional water pumps. Just T off the return with ball valves. I like having less equipment to plug in.

It's hard to really see the discus well in that stock tank. They have been getting plenty of WC automated and semi automated while in there and good feeding with still using the eheim autofeeder and manually giving them bio gold plus pellets. I noticed yesterday how much the blues have grown! I am excited to see them in the tank! I also noticed the reds have been putting on some good mass as well.
    Last edited by Hart24601; 03-27-2017 at 01:01 PM.

IMG_8900.jpg
    IMG_8897.jpg
    IMG_8898.jpg
    IMG_8899.jpg

Got everyone back in the tank! They are hiding, but the stock tank didn't hurt any of them growth wise it looks. Happy I set up a drip on there! They actually grew quite a bit.

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Looks good!

Thanks! Been quite the adventure so far....

Everyone seems to be settling in pretty well. They are skittish, but eating like pigs. The wood dried out so will take a while before it sinks again, but all seems to be running well. It's fun how much they grew in the stock tank and now to see them in the display. Happy that didn't lose a single one during this process nor does it appear to have stunted them at all, but I credit that to the auto water change system.

I did not put any java ferns back in to the main tank. I have found that in this tank they mass of roots they have really trap detritus and get pretty nasty. I did find some black cheap plastic pots from HD that I put eco complete in and planted two swords and a val. Curious how they will do. Ordered some shrimp although I suspect they might just go into the overflow, and some more nerite snails. I have some BN but I hear they eat swords so no good there.

The view from my desk, we get to work from home at least one day a week.

Not too much to report, all is well. They are sure growing! I change the filter socks every few days but aside from feeding the tank when I walk by I have not touched it in weeks. The auto water change and power heads are doing a great job. The awc is doing about 20% ro/di daily.IMG_9084.jpg

Real Name
    Devon Cropley

Tank looks good, I like the new one. Fish look great!

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast