AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone had any experience with flubenzadole causing headstanding ?

Real Name
    Disappointed-MadMatt

Default Re: anyone had any experience with flubenzadole causing headstanding ?

Anytime you have a reaction where your fish are stressed or ill, and its from something u put in the water I would suggest this:
    90% water change immediately, then an hr later 80% wc. Continue to do 75% wc every two hrs for an additional 4-5 more water changes.
    I have done this before on a pair I poisoned thru a bad caulking job, they all head standed in 2 hrs, I did above wc regiment. They made it.
    I know it extreme but in a situation like this "too much" is better then "not enough".

Quote Originally Posted by littlebobecki View Post
    yeah I have seen the thread cheers for that thou....I am looking for others who have had this problem......I have just recently used flubenzadole and myxazin together (WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS SAFE TO DO)....within three hrs 6 of my fish were headstanding and had lost all control of their bodies....bumping into the glass....I realised that they had had a reaction to the meds and did a 20% water change and stuck carbon in the filter...I stayed up all night watching them....by 5am they all 6 were dead...it was devastating. I am convinced that the medication killed them.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rebecca MacDonald-Haig

sorry Pat...

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

I take a different approach. I fill 5 gallon buckets with fresh treated water at the same temp as my tank, add an air stone and a heater then scoop my fish into the buckets. No more than 5 discus per bucket.

Once they are in the buckets I do 2 100% water changes on the tank using a pump to get it done quickly and then add carbon to the filter.

Refill the tank and add my fish back in. Done in less than an hour and for that hour my discus and other fish are in clean water, not tainted water.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Rebecca MacDonald-Haig

thank you for your sugestion....if I ever have a situation like this again that is what I will do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12