AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VideosAsian Strains & My Statement About How I'm Attempting to Mix Asians & Stendkers

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: VideosAsian Strains & My Statement About How I'm Attempting to Mix Asians & Stend

The issue is is that no matter how long you quarantine German sourced discus, if you eventually put them into an aquarium that houses Asian sourced Discus the potential for diseases that the Asian Discus are in all likelihood carriers of though which they have developed an immunity. Introducing fish without such immunity, even after they have been quarantined for weeks or months will still result in sick fish. I'm not saying this is the case for everyone, perhaps its a matter of which Asian sourced Discus you already keep.

Registered Member

Default Re: VideosAsian Strains & My Statement About How I'm Attempting to Mix Asians & Stend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishquake View Post
    The issue is is that no matter how long you quarantine German sourced discus, if you eventually put them into an aquarium that houses Asian sourced Discus the potential for diseases that the Asian Discus are in all likelihood carriers of though which they have developed an immunity. Introducing fish without such immunity, even after they have been quarantined for weeks or months will still result in sick fish. I'm not saying this is the case for everyone, perhaps its a matter of which Asian sourced Discus you already keep.
    You can put one of each in a tank and see if one of them infects the other. No way to know for sure without taking that plunge.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Bill

[QUOTE=ESXiGuy;1170845]You can put one of each in a tank and see if one of them infects the other. No way to know for sure without taking that plunge.[/QUOTE

Agreed. I actually did that. Gave them 2 weeks, all seemed well. In retrospect it would have been better to give them far more time. That's where the patience comes in...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12