AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lump on body

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Default Re: lump on body

monching, how does the lump look this morning, do another application of the polysporin as soon as you wake up, and if not better I would remove to hospital tank asap
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by jmf3460 View Post
    monching, how does the lump look this morning, do another application of the polysporin as soon as you wake up, and if not better I would remove to hospital tank asap
    lump is a little bit better now and smaller than yesterday, redness is gone. Will do a 100% WC as soon as I get back home. If by any chance it shows dramatic improvement tonight when i get home then I will no longer do a 2nd application and just keep my daily WC.
    Thank you so much Jacklyn.
    When God leads you to the edge of a cliff....Trust him fully and let go....
    Only two things can happen....
    Either, " He will catch you when you fall...or He will teach you how to fly....."

I seriously think a treatment should not be interrupted when an improvement is observed. Not to mention we are dealing with antibiotics in the process. Not the best idea in my opinion.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

i agree a 2nd application should be applied, even a third if it is helping. you are welcome OP I am rooting for you here.
    ~JACKLYN~

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 100fuegos View Post
    I seriously think a treatment should not be interrupted when an improvement is observed. Not to mention we are dealing with antibiotics in the process. Not the best idea in my opinion.
    agree 100% keep going as you do not want them bugs to become super bugs. I'd go for 3-4 more days or until you see regrowth of the area.

Real Name
    Ramon

hehehe done with the second application guys after a 100% WC. Said fish is doing good but a little bit stressed, noticed that it is shedding a little slime. In the absence of a stress bar on PB I believe that's the second thing to look for to check if they are stressed. fish is eating good, fins erect, looking healthy and active. hoping this continues. Also refrain from feeding them BH for now and feed just FDBW and Tetra bits to avoid more contaminants.
    Last edited by monching; 08-26-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    Either, " He will catch you when you fall...or He will teach you how to fly....."

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by monching View Post
    hehehe done with the second application guys after a 100% WC. Said fish is doing good but a little bit stressed, noticed that it is shedding a little slime. In the absence of a stress bar on PB I believe that's the second thing to look for to check if they are stressed. fish is eating good, fins erect, looking healthy and active. hoping this continues.
    I believe with the stress of being taken out of the tank and being medicated this behavior should be expected. Keep up the applications as others have suggested, even if it looks better. Good clean water as well.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I believe with the stress of being taken out of the tank and being medicated this behavior should be expected. Keep up the applications as others have suggested, even if it looks better. Good clean water as well.
    100% daily WC Rick

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by monching View Post
    100% daily WC Rick
    You are on the right track then

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    You are on the right track then
    All because of you guys of the forum or should I say SimplyDiscus in general.

Real Name
    Jacklyn

OP Any updates this morning, any pictures of the infected area and fish??
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Ramon

Mourning day for me guys whaaaa I had an emerency Thursday afternoon as I need to take my wife to the ER and was only able to come home this morning just to find out that my fish dead just beside the heater. It's in a 10 gal. hospital tank and was not able to medicate and monitor it's condition for 2 days. It develop a white fungus like thingy about the size of our pinky finger nail. I thought it's just sleeping 'cause it's still in it's upright position in the bottom and not even floating yet when I arrived. Another sad day after another. On the brighter side of it, let me just tell you what I've been noticing since the beginning of my pet days at the age of five. Everytime someone in my family got sick, one of my pet will get sick too and eventually dies after as if they are taking it away(the sickness) from you and act as the sacrificial lamb/fall guy. It's been like this since I can remember. I have lots of pet back then (dogs, birds, chickens, rabbits and fish)and one will take away that sickness in my family and die. When my wife starts to bleed more than 2 weeks ago (menstrual cycle) one of my bird fell ill and died after 3 days then when the wifes bleeding did not stop after the normal period this fish in question develop this kind of fungus till the time that I need to take my wife to the hospital for proper diagnosis just to come home to this. Anyways happy to tell the wife is now okay after 3 units of blood transfusion to replace lost blood and iron defficiency. She's home now resting. To my beloved fish....thank you very much for the sacrifice.
    Last edited by monching; 08-29-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Real Name
    Ramon

Goodbye kid.....thanks for everything....

Sorry to hear. That was a nice looking fish.
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Sorry to hear but glad the spouse is doing better.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast