ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - 2015-2016 Fantasy Football!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default OT - 2015-2016 Fantasy Football!

I know I'm not the only football nut here. Of course I work pm shifts on Thursday's and can't catch Thursday football games .

However, I am still following along with the play by play.

I have Big Ben starting on my line and wouldn't you know it, week 1 in the Fantasy and I am facing my brother who just happens to have Tom Brady as his starting QB!

How did your draft go? Got any sleepers? Analysis? Just want to talk and vent football?!?

THIS IS THE PLACE!

EDIT: probably the worst time to start a football thread! During the game, and that game being the season opener! Still...I am stuck at work not being able to watch it. Again, I sob
    Last edited by rickztahone; 09-10-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: OT - 2015-2016 Fantasy Football!

Well that went fabulous! Big Ben could only get 1 passing TD. The person in my league who had Gronk made some huge points this game!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

It's because my man Martavis Bryant was out!

I don't play fantasy, but every year I say I should. I need to find a league to play with next year, I feel like I could be good at it. I'm just glad football is back!!
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    It's because my man Martavis Bryant was out!

I don't play fantasy, but every year I say I should. I need to find a league to play with next year, I feel like I could be good at it. I'm just glad football is back!!
    You are more than welcome to join our league next year . Start a free league on Yahoo. It is easy and it is fun. That is how I got started a few years ago.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Phil

I am a huge football fan and have 3 fantasy teams and play some daily leagues... I had no one going last night though, but like my teams so far this year...

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    I am a huge football fan and have 3 fantasy teams and play some daily leagues... I had no one going last night though, but like my teams so far this year...
    nice! I've never run the daily leagues but have been interested in doing it. Might give it a go soon. Which league do you like most of the 3 and who's your main QB/RB/WR?

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Phil

All 3 leagues are so different so I enjoy them all and it's kinda why I do them all. One is a PPR one is standard the other is a .5 PPR 2qb league w an extra flex spot so it's quite crazy. I went hard on cj Anderson this year at rb he seemed to be available and I have him on all teams.

I am a huge giants fan but don't have any on my team. Some sleepers I like are Lamar miller at rb. Sam Bradford Carson Palmer qb Jordan mathews at WR and Brandon cooks in ppr

Real Name
    Ricardo

All 3 leagues are so different so I enjoy them all and it's kinda why I do them all. One is a PPR one is standard the other is a .5 PPR 2qb league w an extra flex spot so it's quite crazy. I went hard on cj Anderson this year at rb he seemed to be available and I have him on all teams.

I am a huge giants fan but don't have any on my team. Some sleepers I like are Lamar miller at rb. Sam Bradford Carson Palmer qb Jordan mathews at WR and Brandon cooks in ppr
    I got Bradford in the 11th I think and that was a steal IMO. I had Cooks last week and he did not do much for me, granted, I wasn't playing him in a PPR. I also played Megatron last year and got burned badly. Same goes for Brees

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Phil

Yea Bradford in the 11th is amazing. For as long as he can stay upright that is...

Cooks last week?? You mean last year I assume. He's a PPR guy. You also have to remember that jummy grahm is gone now and he's the man. Watch his numbers are going to be big this year. He was also a rookie last year.

Yea injuries at killer but can't predict that. I often shy away from oft injured players. But one never knows in such a violent sport

Big fantasy nut here. I'm in three league with one big money league. Previous year I won and took the winners pot money to buy a bunch of discus from Kenny.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Yea Bradford in the 11th is amazing. For as long as he can stay upright that is...

Cooks last week?? You mean last year I assume. He's a PPR guy. You also have to remember that jummy grahm is gone now and he's the man. Watch his numbers are going to be big this year. He was also a rookie last year.

Yea injuries at killer but can't predict that. I often shy away from oft injured players. But one never knows in such a violent sport
    Haha, yeah, last year, not last week. I try to avoid frequent inj guys but I had to pick up Kelce for TE and he's currently probable. Plus, to boot, I got Gates which is suspended 4 games, but I figured Kelce could hold it down till then. Now I may be up the creek without a paddle on my TE's lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    Big fantasy nut here. I'm in three league with one big money league. Previous year I won and took the winners pot money to buy a bunch of discus from Kenny.
    Our pot isnt really large, only $400 on my main league but it started as friends messing around a few yrs ago and we've never raised the buy in

Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Haha, yeah, last year, not last week. I try to avoid frequent inj guys but I had to pick up Kelce for TE and he's currently probable. Plus, to boot, I got Gates which is suspended 4 games, but I figured Kelce could hold it down till then. Now I may be up the creek without a paddle on my TE's lol

Our pot isnt really large, only $400 on my main league but it started as friends messing around a few yrs ago and we've never raised the buy in
    That's how it started and as we all got better buyin became $120 each person in 14 team league from $20 7 years ago. Winner this year will get an official Champ ring.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    That's how it started and as we all got better buyin became $120 each person in 14 team league from $20 7 years ago. Winner this year will get an official Champ ring.
    That is sweet. I'll see if the group is willing to up the buy in. Good luck this season!
    14 team league must be tough!

Cafepress.com

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

I'm in a couple leagues at work. No money, autodrafts, but that's about the right seriousness for me. Didn't rank a single person in either league, but did get a medal for best draft in each league. Yea I know, what does a computer know. I have Pittsburgh's Brown at WR in one league, so was happy to see that last garbage TD. I've got NE's #1 WR in the other league, and he did well. Ahead of my projection in both leagues after Thursday night, so happy so far.

Go Pack!
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by CozyKeith View Post
    I'm in a couple leagues at work. No money, autodrafts, but that's about the right seriousness for me. Didn't rank a single person in either league, but did get a medal for best draft in each league. Yea I know, what does a computer know. I have Pittsburgh's Brown at WR in one league, so was happy to see that last garbage TD. I've got NE's #1 WR in the other league, and he did well. Ahead of my projection in both leagues after Thursday night, so happy so far.

Go Pack!
    Yeah Brown did great. Big Ben was somewhat of a dissapointment for me, but it was only because I expected an explosive game.

On another sad note, Andre Ellington went out yesterday after playing a really good half. I haven't gotten a status update on him, but I hope is good.

Unfortunately for Dez Bryant, that isn't the case for him. Broken bone in the foot, out 4-6 weeks. Poor Bryant, and poor Dallas who is really going to struggle without him. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery from the exellent wide out.

How did everyone else fair this Sunday? Is anyone playing someone today? I still have Julio Jones, but I am about 40pts down to my brother who put up ridiculous numbers this week. He is past 145pts already and still has PHI D tonight

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast