AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 65 gallon planted discus tank

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: My 65 gallon planted discus tank

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Really nice! Love it!

Those turqs are beasts and I love the patterns, some LFS you have!
    I agree, those turqs are something else. They look so beefy!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Filip

Thanks Phillip and Ricardo.
    I regret now for not buying all the 7 discus Galaxy RT.
    They came up much bigger and beafier than the melons.
    I'm also tempted to hand measure them , but I haven't got the guts yet . I did measure my smallest hero discus when I was transferring him to QT with new arrivals and he was 4.5 inch.So my guessing is that RT should be around 6 inch since they look considerably bigger than him.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Thanks Phillip and Ricardo.
    I regret now for not buying all the 7 discus Galaxy RT.
    They came up much bigger and beafier than the melons.
    I'm also tempted to hand measure them , but I haven't got the guts yet . I did measure my smallest hero discus when I was transferring him to QT with new arrivals and he was 4.5 inch.So my guessing is that RT should be around 6 inch since they look considerably bigger than him.
    If you have a glass top brace, lay a small towel on it. Get some kind of plastic tupperware to scoop the discus out, drain the water, slide on to the towel and measure . Easy.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Filip

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    If you have a glass top brace, lay a small towel on it. Get some kind of plastic tupperware to scoop the discus out, drain the water, slide on to the towel and measure . Easy.
    Yes Rick I have a glass lids on top.
    Should I expect them to jump or flip from the towel, once put on the towel ?

Somehow it looks easier for me to deal when fish is smaller size like my hero 4.5 inch discus, bit with bigger ones I get a bit scared to do it .

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Yes Rick I have a glass lids on top.
    Should I expect them to jump or flip from the towel, once put on the towel ?

Somehow it looks easier for me to deal when fish is smaller size like my hero 4.5 inch discus, bit with bigger ones I get a bit scared to do it .
    Once on the towel they will stay still

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Filip

Just a regular tank photo update .
    Nothing changed much in terms of discus , steady situation, except for a little bit more greenery in the tank .
    Here are some pics from a current setup.

FORUM1.JPGFORUM2.JPGFORUM3.JPGFORUM4.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Filip; 04-27-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Real Name
    Filip

two more close ups , propably cant fit them all in one post.

FORUM5.JPGFORUM6.JPG

Real Name
    Naz

Filip, you have a nice looking tank and a great collection
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Registered Member

They all
    Look nice and happy in there .. Great looking tank barebottom tanks don't do nothing for me

Real Name
    Ricardo

Great update Filip. You have a really big boy on there!

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jacklyn

hygrophilia is getting out of control in there aint it? great looking tank Filip, you have a nice combination of plants and fish in there. Tell me your thoughts on the Rosaline barbs with the discus?? Are they too rambunctious for the discus during feeding time. I like the look of them with the discus but I have mixed feelings whether they will gobble up all the food before the discus can get to it or not. But your fish look well fed so maybe not. I really like your combination of fish. Usually I prefer a single species tank but the combination of 2 that you have is really nice. such a beautiful tank! congrats!
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Filip

Thaks guys for your responses and compliments .I'm glad you like my tank and fish.
    Sorry Jacklyn for a late response but I went on a 4 day trip with my wife and son for easter holliday.

I bought Roseline barbs as addition to my Discus because they are big and schooling fish and easily visible from my couch distance.
    In my case they are scared from my discus all along from the start even when discus were young new 3.5-4 inches.
    They always come second during feeding time and eating the leftovers from Discus along with other small tetra fish. Discus are always eating on top and barbs and tetras are waiting food below them.

The only possible disadvantage that I have notice is their fast and instant schooling swimming when they got scared , that also freaks out a bit a newly introduced discus.
    But after a while discus grew accustomed to their freakish swimming , and now they just don't mind that eather.

P.s. On the plants matter. Sorry for my misguidance but I have recently find out from a SD members thread that the plant is actually Ceratopteris thalicroides , not hygrophilla difformis. And yes it grows invasive like a weed , and I regularly cut and throw away peaces of it .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234