ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam (from Vietnam or living abroad?)

Real Name
    Vansu

Default Vietnam (from Vietnam or living abroad?)

Anyone from Vietnam?

Real Name
    Tony

Default Re: Vietnam (from Vietnam or living abroad?)

it's me lived in SaiGon and left late 80's. I went back late 90's. and you ???
    Do you have business there?
    My Fish Space
    300gallon Bare Bottom Tank [COMPLETED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "seek peace and pursue it"

I was born in Hue, I moved to the US with my parents when I was 12 in 2005.

Real Name
    Vansu

I came to Canada in 1995 when I was 11 but I love going back to the motherland every few years. I've been importing discus from Vietnam since 2013 and finally found a great discus breeder from Bien Hoan (Hoang Watabe).

Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    it's me lived in SaiGon and left late 80's. I went back late 90's. and you ???
    Do you have business there?

Real Name
    Vansu

Quote Originally Posted by XAnhLe View Post
    I was born in Hue, I moved to the US with my parents when I was 12 in 2005.
    My sister-in-law is from Hue, I hope to pay a visit to Hue next time I am in Vietnam : )

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by vandiscus View Post
    My sister-in-law is from Hue, I hope to pay a visit to Hue next time I am in Vietnam : )
    Hello Guys. My name is Phat Nguyen or Perry. Came to the USA in 1982, currently living in the Bay Area (25 minutes from Kenny Discus ).I am a big fan of discus and a loyal customer of Kenny discus for many years. I m currently having 16 adults discus and about 450 small home - raised fry from 2 weeks old to 2 months old . Would love to chat and meet new members from Vietnam. I m also fluent in reading and speaking Vietnamese as well.

Real Name
    Vansu

Hello Phat,

You are so lucky to be so close to Kenny. I am currently importing discus from Vietnam because I want to create a name for discus made in Vietnam. I can read Vietnamese perfectly except for the writing part I am not too good but my wife make up for that : ). Let's create a Vietnamese Discus community.

Vansu Nguyen
    Quote Originally Posted by phat nguyen View Post
    Hello Guys. My name is Phat Nguyen or Perry. Came to the USA in 1982, currently living in the Bay Area (25 minutes from Kenny Discus ).I am a big fan of discus and a loyal customer of Kenny discus for many years. I m currently having 16 adults discus and about 450 small home - raised fry from 2 weeks old to 2 months old . Would love to chat and meet new members from Vietnam. I m also fluent in reading and speaking Vietnamese as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.vandiscus.ca
    For the sake of discus!

Real Name
    Vansu

Hi Guys,

My recent import from May-June 2016 http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ay-June-Import
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 07-13-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Moved import info to sponsor section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.vandiscus.ca
    For the sake of discus!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Very nice shipment Van!
    I see a few ppl that replied are from Hue or having connection to Hue. I am from Hue as well, came to the US in 93. I just started the discus hobby and still have a lot to learn or should I say having to learn a lot

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by tvo; 07-13-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Real Name
    Vansu

Hi Tom,

Welcome! All of us started like you and this is the perfect forum to learn everything you need to know about discus. Where are you from in Texas? I was in Houston and Fortworth a few years ago and miss the Bun Bo Hue there .

Quote Originally Posted by tvo View Post
    Very nice shipment Van!
    I see a few ppl that replied are from Hue or having connection to Hue. I am from Hue as well, came to the US in 93. I just started the discus hobby and still have a lot to learn or should I say having to learn a lot

Have a nice day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.vandiscus.ca
    For the sake of discus!

Registered Member

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian Discus importer Vansu. My name is Michael Nguyen grew up in Vancouver, B.C and now living in the US for 20 Yrs now. I cannot agree with you more about Vietnam Discus Fish, they have come a long way and they do produce some of the best Discus. I too import Discus from Vietnam and proud to do so. Currently I wholesale Discus and Flowerhorn. You are right Vansu, we got to start a Viet Discus community.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Vansu,

I couldn't agree more, this forum is great. i'm practically on here every day devouring discus information.

I'm in the Fort Worth area. BunBoHue here is good but Houston is definitely better in my opinion. Glad to hear that you had the chance to enjoy both places.

I'm not from Vietnam but visited there for two weeks in April of this year. We were in Saigon (Ho chi min City) and Hanoi. Wonderful country and great people. It was an organized tour so not much time to see pet shops. Tiger and Hanoi beer was great.

Real Name
    Vansu

Nice to meet you Michael. Being an importer is hard and it take a long time to finally get yourself a good supplier. I am glad someone similar to myself can understand the joy and sometime painful business of an importer. Yes, let's get the conversation going and bring the best fish from Vietnam to our fellow hobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic-Discus View Post
    Nice to meet a fellow Canadian Discus importer Vansu. My name is Michael Nguyen grew up in Vancouver, B.C and now living in the US for 20 Yrs now. I cannot agree with you more about Vietnam Discus Fish, they have come a long way and they do produce some of the best Discus. I too import Discus from Vietnam and proud to do so. Currently I wholesale Discus and Flowerhorn. You are right Vansu, we got to start a Viet Discus community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.vandiscus.ca
    For the sake of discus!

Real Name
    Vansu

Hi Moon,

I am glad you had fun in Vietnam. I was there last year for my wedding and I also didn't had much time going around to see all the discus breeders there. Let me know if you are planning to go back there so I can come along or get you in touch with the people there to give you a personal tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm not from Vietnam but visited there for two weeks in April of this year. We were in Saigon (Ho chi min City) and Hanoi. Wonderful country and great people. It was an organized tour so not much time to see pet shops. Tiger and Hanoi beer was great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.vandiscus.ca
    For the sake of discus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast