AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wattley cobalt x blue diamond

Default Re: Wattley cobalt x blue diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Lol! I haven't been home in a while! Had to be Christmas 2013. I was in Afghanistan for a year and then we moved out to Japan just recently. We were hoping to visit this Christmas but that fell through due to some crazy regulations with Consecutive Overseas Tour leave. We should be home for spring break for sure.
    Let me know when you do make it back to the States, maybe we can finally meet up.. So keep me posted.
    Jorge Q

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
    These are very nice Eddie. Very clean setup.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAngels View Post
    Let me know when you do make it back to the States, maybe we can finally meet up.. So keep me posted.
    For sure Jorge. Would be great!
    Visit Eddie's Place

"If you ask for an opinion...don't get pissed when I give you mine."

Registered Member Driftwood Mike's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike

Love the pictures and following the progress, a great group that gets better and better! Nothing better than seeing an old strain being used to create something new. Great job restoring the tank, especially love the background, you are spot on to something very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood Mike View Post
    Love the pictures and following the progress, a great group that gets better and better! Nothing better than seeing an old strain being used to create something new. Great job restoring the tank, especially love the background, you are spot on to something very special.
    Thanks Mike
    Visit Eddie's Place

Eddie, they look really good。 I actually think this may be a third strain of watley's I suddenly remembered seeing last time I was in, very nice full cover on some of those! I thought I was keeping up with your thread, but somehow missed two pages of posts!!

Btw, if you need equipment, there is a fairly big shop near me that has the best prices on used tanks around. I have a 70ish gallon acrylic I bought for 4000yen, and non of my tanks from them cost more than that. Stands roll through too. They actually have a stand for my 70 right now, but they stopped doing delivery awhile back and I don't drive. My 70 sits on one of those short sturdy tv stand hanging over the edges.. but it is acrylic. Only problem is my little one is now tall enough to put his fingers in the water. They also have allot of used canister filters from between 500 yen and 2000 yen. I have 2 eheims, and a brandnew/used kotobuki I bought there. The Kotobuki was 800 yen I believe with brand new filter media. Seriously a used tank hunters dream shop. Glass is especially cheap. I try to buy acrylic only, but have collected a few smaller glass tanks and one 40 gallon leglass cube type (pretty, but always worried my son is gonna toss something hard at it one of these days). BTW, where did you get the ebo jaeger heater? Online or locally?

Quote Originally Posted by mee View Post
    Eddie, they look really good。 I actually think this may be a third strain of watley's I suddenly remembered seeing last time I was in, very nice full cover on some of those! I thought I was keeping up with your thread, but somehow missed two pages of posts!!

Btw, if you need equipment, there is a fairly big shop near me that has the best prices on used tanks around. I have a 70ish gallon acrylic I bought for 4000yen, and non of my tanks from them cost more than that. Stands roll through too. They actually have a stand for my 70 right now, but they stopped doing delivery awhile back and I don't drive. My 70 sits on one of those short sturdy tv stand hanging over the edges.. but it is acrylic. Only problem is my little one is now tall enough to put his fingers in the water. They also have allot of used canister filters from between 500 yen and 2000 yen. I have 2 eheims, and a brandnew/used kotobuki I bought there. The Kotobuki was 800 yen I believe with brand new filter media. Seriously a used tank hunters dream shop. Glass is especially cheap. I try to buy acrylic only, but have collected a few smaller glass tanks and one 40 gallon leglass cube type (pretty, but always worried my son is gonna toss something hard at it one of these days). BTW, where did you get the ebo jaeger heater? Online or locally?
    Awesome! Yeah, I'd love to check out that store! I need some growout tanks for the future.

I ordered all my Jagers online and I've had some from over the years.
    Visit Eddie's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Awesome! Yeah, I'd love to check out that store! I need some growout tanks for the future.

I ordered all my Jagers online and I've had some from over the years.
    If it is glass and under 30 gallons it is dirt cheap. I have two 15 gallon tanks (one leglass) and they were each under 1000 yen.

I bought an ebo jaeger for a school I worked at in Yokohama from kensfish, and always regretted not getting more. I had a kotobuki flip
    out and kill all my first discus except my Flora heckel which was in another tank. Though all my other heaters from Japan haven't let me
    down yet, they just run so hot while they are on. Kotobuki actually paid me a surprising amount for the lost fish and it went towards
    getting fish from Sadaki. I am never happy about losing fish, but I do see the silver lining, in that in losing some nice fish, I ended up
    with some amazing fish.

Sorry guys, been super busy with work and studying for my upcoming promotion exam. Anyways, just a quick update. Fish are doing fantastic. The pair that I bought were fighting to the death so I mixed them with my youngins and one of my biggest youngins ended up taking a liking to the male. Anyways, here's a few pictures of the crew after 2 months. They've grown pretty well.

The group
    22517476034_4907e3164a_b.jpg

The suspected pair. My youngin is the fish on the right.
    22517484904_91edb8b88c_b.jpg
    22721820048_e693911d80_b.jpg
    Visit Eddie's Place

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

They look fantistic Eddie, nice job with these guys. Do you think if the "pair" end up confirmed you will raise any babies?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    They look fantistic Eddie, nice job with these guys. Do you think if the "pair" end up confirmed you will raise any babies?
    Pat
    For sure Pat. The young fish is actually quite young though. I think it will be quite a while before any magic happens. The only reason these 2 are together is because my young fish happens to be large enough to fight the male so they can withstand each other, so far anyways. Lol
    Visit Eddie's Place

Real Name
    Ricardo

Looking great Eddie. Keep 'em coming

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member Driftwood Mike's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike

Wow, they look awesome! Best of luck with the upcoming exam.

Looking great Eddie! You may be pleasantly surprised, I believe mine spawned the first time around 5 or 6 months. BTW, head over to my thread, I put up a new pic

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Very nice Eddy.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Registered Member rsawest@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda

They are gorgeous Eddie. There is something about the classic Wattley Cobalt that is so beautiful. If I understand correctly, the only folks who have the original Wattley stock descendants are the Japanese. Do you know anything about that?
    It's all good.
    Linda -SOS Crew Minnesota
    Frostbite Falls Discus Club

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast