AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transparent segmented poop

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Katia

Default Re: Transparent segmented poop

Thanks Filip, I hope they will recover without any meds. It killed me to even have to move them to QT. They were eating like pigs every day, flirting with each other and swimming around fine but I panicked and moved them so I can watch and see exactly what is going on. My QT is 16 gallons (kind of small I know) and I change 90% of the water twice a day but they look depressed in this setting. Still eating, just not as happy and active as previously. I feel like they miss their spacious 125 gallon tank and generous feedings...

Real Name
    Filip

I wouldn't rush to get them back to the community tank.QT is much easier to keep it pristine,make WCs,observe feces and behaviour, administer meds.if needed and etc.
    But i wonder why are they depressed In qt?
    Mine never did.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Katia

I am not sure myself. It is my first experience with QT, following advice on this forum... One possibility is that there is in fact an underlying problem and that is how it manifests itself at this time - reduction of activity and depressed kind of look. Another possibility though is that they miss their community tank and huge space, generous 5-6 times per day feedings and yet still pretty great water quality. I do not think my twice a day 90% WCs in QT can possibly get the water any better than it already is in the main tank, so no upgrade in that sense, just isolation in an unfamiliar setting, less food, no one to bully or chase around... what's to be happy about ? In the event that I did in fact drag two healthy fish in to a QT, I can see why they would be less than thrilled. QT is probably a welcome upgrade for sick fish, but a depressing downgrade for the healthy ones. Just my theory though, since this is my first experience with QT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123