ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus Madness

Default Discus Madness

Just wanted to give a recommendation for Discus Madness. I went to their facility this past Saturday in NJ and was really impressed. Very clean, well managed operation, with 100's of beautiful discus fish to choose from. The owner was extremely helpful but also let us take our time looking at the fish and making our choices.
    I ended up picking up 10 juvenile fish; they're a great addition to my 165 gallon tank. They also had a number of larger discus, as well as other discus tankmates and supplies. I ended buying some of his beefheart mix as well, which the fish seem to love. I'm very happy I made the trip out there, I've never seen so many great fish in once place before. it reinforced my love of the hobby.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Discus Madness

Thank you for the review. We all love pictures around here

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Thank you for the review. We all love pictures around here
    here are a few pics, I've had the larger discus for awhile, all the others are my new ones from Discus Madness.
    IMG_1062.jpgIMG_1067.jpgIMG_1068.jpgIMG_1069.jpgIMG_1072.jpgIMG_1073.jpg

Registered Member

Is that a Red Maze Pigeon and Pearl Blue Diamond? I was there a few months ago and also picked up a few juvies. Actually just took them out of quarantine and a few days ago. Thinking of going back there next week and pick up a Red Dragon and one of their Red Albino Turq cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanusgo View Post
    Is that a Red Maze Pigeon and Pearl Blue Diamond? I was there a few months ago and also picked up a few juvies. Actually just took them out of quarantine and a few days ago. Thinking of going back there next week and pick up a Red Dragon and one of their Red Albino Turq cross.
    yes that's a blue pearl diamond, but the other fish you mention is either an Eagle (white base) or Apricot (yellow base) PB.
    I'm not sure if my pics do them justice.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Michael

Sorry but i don't think those fishes are that great.. But as long as your happy with them, that's all it matter.

I'm not thrilled with those fish either, but I have got some very nice fish from Discus Madness, here are a couple pics.

31556_119629374721352_6982745_n.jpg

31556_119629368054686_7473627_n.jpg

31556_119629381388018_3474728_n.jpg

31556_119629384721351_2180750_n.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

Real Name
    Jacklyn

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMike View Post
    Sorry but i don't think those fishes are that great.. But as long as your happy with them, that's all it matter.
    I agree here, not bad but not top quality fish. your tank doesn't look very well suited for raising juvies but the fish are still beautiful. the orangish one in the third pic bottom right of picture is your best specimen IMO.
    ~JACKLYN~

I hope you didn't pay a lot for those fish because I seen Kenny's stock so many times with that same size but the quality is beyond comparable.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Adolfo

Kennys are better quality and better price! I don't know how he does it - Lighthouse