ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Free Entrance to Aquatic Experience show Nov 6-8 in Schaumburg, IL

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Free Entrance to Aquatic Experience show Nov 6-8 in Schaumburg, IL

The MWDA, who is hosting next years NADA show in Lombard (http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/), will be staffing a NADA booth at the Aquatic Experience show in Schaumburg (http://aquaticexperience.org/) Friday through Sunday, Nov. 6th through 8th. I have 4 exhibitor badges and I don't think we'll have any problem manning the booth with just 2 people. That would mean if I can fully staff the booth each day we could easily split time between working the booth and checking out the show. At this point I have 2 open slots Friday and Saturday, and at least 1 open slot on Sunday. We will have literature available about the NADA show, be signing up new NADA members, and selling raffle tickets. PM me if you're interested in helping out and getting free access to the Aquatic Experience show.

Oh yes, almost forgot, the raffle. Cobalt Aquatics is displaying 10 5 inch discus they're obtaining from Hans that NADA becomes the owner of at the end of the show. We're still deciding exactly how the raffle is going to work, and something will be posted in the NADA section about those details soon, but working the booth or even just attending show and buying tickets or perhaps just joining NADA at the show will give you a crack at winning some excellent discus. Keep an eye open in the NADA section, and perhaps here as well, for additional details.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 10-27-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Default Re: Free Entrance to Aquatic Experience show Nov 6-8 in Schaumburg, IL

Cool deal right here folks.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    CozyKeith

trifold.jpg

Just about ready to promote the 2016 NADA show at next weekends Aquatic Experience show in Schaumburg, IL. Still light on help to work the booth, especially on Friday and somewhat on Saturday. Please PM me if you can work the booth at all either of these days. In exchange you gain free access to what may be the nations premiere aquatics show.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 10-31-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Fixed picture, I think.

Question for you Keith - hope you can give me an answer I can work with.

I'm considering the matter of a 'raffle' for another purpose (in the U.S.) & was wondering about the 2nd paragraph of your first post above regarding Cobalt Aquatics, or NADA, holding the raffle you mentioned.

My understanding was that only registered non-profit orgs could hold raffles under IRS rules/tax laws.
    Is either Cobalt or NADA officially recognized by IRS as non-profit ?

My further understanding is that the forum SD can't hold a raffle, because it is not 'not for profit', and must therefore hold auctions instead.
    Can you help me out with this question ?

Sorry to sidetrack your thread here. I thought you'd be ok with my not PM 'ing you on this.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

NADA is a registered non-profit Paul. No problem high jacking the thread, as a Canadian you get a certain amount of latitude.

Keith I have to say the show board you created looks great.

Now to discuspauls question Yes NADA is a 501(c)3 IRS approved non-profit. I am the treasurer of NADA and have all the paperwork that goes with it.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Thanks Keith & Jerry.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Keith I have to say the show board you created looks great.

Now to discuspauls question Yes NADA is a 501(c)3 IRS approved non-profit. I am the treasurer of NADA and have all the paperwork that goes with it.
    Thanks Jerry, I enjoyed making it. Thanks to Toni for putting the flyer together. The main portion of the show board is an over sized version of it. Thanks to Matt too for letting me use his NADA 2014 photos for the rest. My biggest contributions was the idea...and a few color copies and a glue stick from work.

Registered Member rsawest@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda

That's a great board advertisement for NADA!
    It's all good.
    Linda -SOS Crew Minnesota
    Frostbite Falls Discus Club

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by rsawest@yahoo.com View Post
    That's a great board advertisement for NADA!
    Thanks Linda. I really hope some people who know little or nothing about NADA and see it next weekend agree with you and come to the show next July.

Hi Keith,

Your NADA display board looks first class and I look forward to working with you on Sunday. I'm also excited to join NADA at the show. Speaking of advertising, does NADA or Simply Discus have any promotional clothing that they would like us to wear during the three day show?

Craig

Real Name
    CozyKeith

I can hook you up with the image Jerry and I used to get a t-shirt made at zazzle if you'd like, but definitely no requirements. It's been long enough since I've gotten my Simply polo I don't remember the details on getting that. Talking with folks at the booth will be the biggest advertisement I think.