ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Awesome planters

Default Awesome planters

WOW, turn around on getting these from the time I finalized the order was 2 weeks. wasn't expecting that kind of response seeing that each piece is unique.

Shipping was awesome and everything was in great shape. thanks Barb, a great product and your service is above and beyond.
    can't wait to get this tank up and running as these will look really nice with plants in them.
    015.jpg

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Awesome planters

Wow, those are nice. I love Barb's handmade items.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Glad to see they arrived and you like them Tom. I will look forward to seeing them full of plants one of these days. Remember, you can use soil, gravel or sand or a combo of them. Put some filter floss over the holes, and you can add plant food sticks or granules into the mix. Plants will love them! And thanks Pat, you have some of my most popular pieces.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Adolfo

How much we're those? And delivery?

The round ones, $10 ea. about 5" x 5". The triangular one is $20, about 10" x 3" high. They were $25 for shipping and handling, via FedEx. I use lots of bubble wrap.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Very nice Barb. Always love seeing your work.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    Glad to see they arrived and you like them Tom. I will look forward to seeing them full of plants one of these days. Remember, you can use soil, gravel or sand or a combo of them. Put some filter floss over the holes, and you can add plant food sticks or granules into the mix. Plants will love them! And thanks Pat, you have some of my most popular pieces.
    Barb
    thanks for the tips Barb, will definitely use some of those ideas. my thoughts was to use a bit of soil with sand over top of it. I have some sand in one of my 75's, so that will help in assisting the cycle in the 165.
    I am assuming you use a thin filter floss?? and can you tell me what type of food sticks you use?

again, really like how they turned out.

I use lots of bubble wrap.
    Barb
    the packaging was amazing, fedex could have probably played kick ball with the box.

Thanks Ricardo, and thanks again Tom. Yes, filter floss, quilt batting or even a thin slice of a sponge filter. I use either Miracle Gro or Jobes plant sticks, pushed into the soil, about every couple months. Depends on the size and type of plants. I do use a whole lot of bubble wrap.
    Barb

Real Name
    Ricardo

Thanks Ricardo, and thanks again Tom. Yes, filter floss, quilt batting or even a thin slice of a sponge filter. I use either Miracle Gro or Jobes plant sticks, pushed into the soil, about every couple months. Depends on the size and type of plants. I do use a whole lot of bubble wrap.
    Barb
    Do they know you as the "bubble wrap lady" at the store?

I remember once I kept going in to Home Depot to buy carboard boxes to ship stuff. By the 5th time the lady recognized me and asked me why I didn't buy all the boxes at once, lol.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com