Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Rio Negro Heckel Project

Real Name
    Fred

Default Re: Rio Negro Heckel Project

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Who helped you move that tank???

Wolverine ...????

Its an old tank that I got for free... Moving discus is a pain. I actually set-up a few tanks in the new house in order to receive all may discus. The plan is to convert this ugly thing into a sump once for my 65's

I wouldn't be surprise if someone use some scotchbrite to clean the glass... some of this styff is pretty abrasive... I've seen a few tank ruined this way

Registered Member damian_ireland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawfish View Post
    Here a longer video of them today,

looking good .

Looks like they have done well

Real Name
    Nicola

Fantastic

Real Name
    Fred

Hi everyone one... Heckels are doing good. Still in the 75 gallons as I've been working in their new home, The Discus Room will have about 850 gallons of fun. It should be done by the September heres a couple teaser pics for you
    13754455_1064920220251738_6788656114353711727_n.jpg
    13770512_1069702549773505_7136818432218211594_n.jpg

Cheers,
    Fred

Real Name
    Ralph

Congrats Fred on your new crib and fish room looks promising. Take your time my friend...measure twice cut once.
    Glad that your Heckel group is doing well.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Fred

Thanks Ralph,

Yhea the new Discus Room will be a lot of fun, I've been thinking about doing this right for the last 5 years. The goal is to make thing easier to do i.e. Water changes, there will be a drain and water supply line going all around the room. Water processing will be done in the furnace room. This room will be dedicated to breeding wilds only. Nandi's Xingu adventure http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...ighlight=xingu really inspired me to do this. The Heckels are a big part of the room, but they may share it with another wild, will see.

I'll start a Fishroom tread in the DIY section.

Cheers,

Fred

Real Name
    Phil

Soooo cool!!!

I can't wait to watch the build! Good luck!

Real Name
    Fred

Well no news is good news

On the Discus Room front, my wife suggested that we make an office with the room that I'm building. I didn't like the fact that it was narrow, but also it made plumbing the wastewater drain and freshwater pipes a pain. The original location for the office will become my Discus Room, its right besides my furnace room so its makes a lot of sense... No point arguing with her

I did make my breeding rack Its going to hold two 40 gallons and two 65 gallons aquarium. It will store my aquarium while I continue finishing my basement.
    14522899_1129826407094452_2518438752285840787_n.jpg

I do have a picture of one heckel
    heckel.jpg

I'll try to take more pictures videos this weekend.

Cheers,

Fred

Real Name
    Phil

Geez it's about time you update your fans !!! Looking good.

Smart move listening to the wife !!!

That heckle is a stunner!!!

Registered Member

I dunno. That heckel pic isn't getting it done over here. Let's see some nice ones and I'll promise to post some all new Uatuma blues. My guys are getting big, and more beautiful by the day. Pity, I stink at taking pics, but I'll try. Enjoy your fish. Cheers, BK

Real Name
    Ralph

A little set back Fred but it will come together. Love the set-up and nice /sturdy rack build and as always loved those tall 65g tanks... correct me if I'm wrong but they look like quality Miracle's to my eyes.
    Heckels even though a pic of only one look great and would imagine hard to focus on with the deep tainted tannin's.

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Real Name
    Phil

William... Have you had your annual eye exam pal...? Grab your readers and look again...

Have you seen this mans fish... ?

That heckle is stirated throughout with a great body and shape and an awesome bar? What more can you love ?

I'm sure your blues are nice but I'd be hard pressed to say they compare to this mans heckles

Registered Member

I didn't mean it wasn't a nice fish, I meant I want to see more nice pics. Always play nicey nice on a public forum. I have trouble getting good pics from my smartphone. I've tried playing with my lighting but it isn't cooperating. Oh well, heres a couple anyway. Cheers, BKimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

How dare you say my blues don't compare. That wasn't nice.
    Last edited by William1; 10-08-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Real Name
    Fred

Thanks Guys.... as they say Happy Wife= Happy Discus, actually she likes them and wants a 300+ gallons aquarium in the familly room...So I'm not going to complain

The change makes a lot of sense for the house also, so it's not a real setback, plus a get more square footage and a better layout for breeding wilds.

Yhea sorry about that Phil, I've been busy at work, and busy with the house, plus we are expecting this December, so need to finish the babies room
    No worries, I'll post more pics, videos and update.

Sorry Ralph, they are Deep Blue, but I wished they were Miracles. I like the 24 inch tanks better than the 20's, its only when you go with 2 levels the 24's make thing difficult. I've got 4 more 65's and they will go on a wall, just one level, my plan is to raise two spawns a year so I don't need a factory set-up
    Thanks for the stand, I'll post some details in my Discus Room tread in the DIY section.

Yes the dark Tannin and the black background is a big issues for taking pictures. I don't think Black is a good colorchoice for Heckels, they don't look good and their natural color seems darker.

No Worries William1, I understood the message... more pics,

On another note the Whirling is gone... Never really understood whats the real cause. Someone in my on my local forum mention he tough it was the water from the tap. It did happen whit these guys when I stopped using 100% RO water. I'm setting everything to be filtered through a sediment block and a carbon block for my regular water. The RO is back in action and since then I've haven't had any issues.

Cheers,

Fred
    Last edited by jawfish; 10-08-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast