AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10th failed attempt - eggs turning white and then full of fungus after 48hrs+

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: 10th failed attempt - eggs turning white and then full of fungus after 48hrs+

Medications can all lead to temporary infertility. Did you use any medication recently or soon after you got your "pair"?
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Default Re: 10th failed attempt - eggs turning white and then full of fungus after 48hrs+

Not an expert and really love the advice you've gotten from John, pat , Rick, and others. I've had proven pairs all of a sudden have several spawns of eggs that go all white. My tank is pretty dirty though... Yet has always been that way... Even with spawns producing many free swimmers from the Same pairs. The only variable changed when that started happening for me was added water flow with small water pump positioned across my 150 length-wise (my base flow is centered back to front wich disperses it somewhat evenly). Not sure if that held but just throwing out something that puzzled me. The small pump I believe has a flow/turnover of about 60-75 gph.
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Thanks for the replies and suggstions.....

They now spawned again yesterday, unfortunately, i was not home so i did not turn off the filter this time round, however temperature is at 27C as opposed to 30C as before and TDS is now at 65.......... i guess i just have to wait and see.....

Registered Member

I have read the thread, everything mentioned is what I have done before.
    On a side note, I have a pair that is the TDS is 15-20 I get large fertilized batch, if the TDS is 35 or high I get all white eggs. Not sure why but I have consistently reproduced these results.
    Just be careful when using very lower TDS your ph doesn't crash.

Curious. Ever get wigglers?

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by ipace View Post
    Hi all,

I have a blue diamond pair.... The male is proven and the female is obviously a female as its laying eggs male was proven at the previous owner but I trust him on that.

They have spawned 10 times already! The first 7 times they where in an 80L tank and then I moved them to a 320L just in case, however every time eggs fungus after 48hrs and start turning whitish after 24hrs+. Water parameters below:

Tds:90
    Ph:6.5
    Gh: 4
    No2: 0
    Ammonia: 0
    No3: 0-5

Using Ali test kit for all tests apart from gh which is sera.

Water is 100% ro with minerals added to get tds up to 80-90

Have also bowed meth blue an hour after spawning

Any idea what might be wrong? As to be honest I ran out of ideas now.
    So Meth Blue doesn't help here either ? I was thinking of using it too coz my 7th spawn also got fungus every time after 48hrs !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12