AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Tiger Carnation Turq Parents with Fry Chowing Down on baby brine shrimp

Default Tiger Carnation Turq Parents with Fry Chowing Down on baby brine shrimp

Decided to take a couple videos of the Tiger Carnation Turquoise fry having their morning breakfast. Here they are just before feeding:

You've probably noticed that I've got the parents separated with egg crate. The reason is that the dad was big time beating up on mom. I can only guess that each one wanted to carry the fry themselves, but at the 0:07 mark in the video you can see the damage he did to her tail fin. It already looks a lot better than it was. They're a new pair, and I hope they can work out their differences in the next few spawns.

Here they all are going to town on their baby brine shrimp. These babies attached on Nov. 2, so they're basically 3 months old. I pulled them today because they have drilled some holes in dad. They're on their own now.

Thanks for looking. -Don

Real Name
    Shane Sims

Default Re: Tiger Carnation Turq Parents with Fry Chowing Down on baby brine shrimp

Nice!
    -Shane

Discus do it bare bottom.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Tiger Carnation Turq Parents with Fry Chowing Down on baby brine shrimp

Great looking group Don and nice videos

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Thanks for the comments! This was a pair that I almost gave up on, but they finally came through.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I'm glad you didn't give up. What was the issue and how did you solve it?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I think the issue was that they, or one of them, was immature still. The next to last spawn started out like all the others, with the eggs gradually turning white over a couple days, but then SUPRISE! I had about 6-10 wigglers mixed in with all those white eggs, so I knew that at least those eggs had been successfully fertilized. The next spawn, the one shown above, was much much better.

Real Name
    Ricardo

That is awesome Don. TFS

Cafepress.com