AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Clown Loach?

Real Name
    David Satow

Default Clown Loach?

Has anyone ever tried Clown loaches in a discus tank? I've never had them before because of how they eat eggs and I usually have a breeding pair of something in every tank, but since my discus tank is solely discus now... I've been thinking about adding either a clown loach or some other interesting looking loach. Maybe not though because i know they can get quite big.

Real Name
    Naz

Default Re: Clown Loach?

Here is a thread that may interest you http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...es-with-discus
    Quote from Colin Powell
    "There are no secrets to success; don’t waste time looking for them. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to those for whom you work, and persistence. You must be ready for opportunity when it comes"

Real Name
    Eric

I have. In my experience it wasn't a good idea. They like to be in groups, and a group of healthy clowns are rambunctious - they made my discus skittish when they were out during feeding time.
    .................................................. .........................

Real Name
    David Satow

Quote Originally Posted by ericNH View Post
    I have. In my experience it wasn't a good idea. They like to be in groups, and a group of healthy clowns are rambunctious - they made my discus skittish when they were out during feeding time.
    I see, that was my only worry was that they would overpower the discus for food, thanks!

Real Name
    David Satow

Quote Originally Posted by Akili View Post
    Here is a thread that may interest you http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...es-with-discus

Thanks akilli some good information