AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: International Shipping - Caribbean

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alan Howard

Default International Shipping - Caribbean

Hi,

Are there any breeders/sponsors who ship to the Caribbean? I am in Barbados and am interested in purchasing in a few months after I get a stable home set up for my Discus.

Even if you don't ship internationally if you can point me in the direction of a Seller who does, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Alan

Registered Member Discus Origins's Avatar

Default Re: International Shipping - Caribbean

Hi Alan,

I have shipped international before, it is relatively easy as long as you have your import permit and authorization from Barbados customs to transport live tropical fish. But I only deal with wild discus. You may want to contact Hans at DiscusHans or Kenny at Kenny's Discus for domestics.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alan Howard

Thanks a ton for responding.

I know the hard work is on my end as we don't receive tropical fish every day even though it does happen from time to time.

I've never kept discus before and with the hard water alkaline we have here i'm wary about going with Wild discus my first time out. I don't think its a good idea for beginner discus keepers based on what i've read and heard other people saying so i've been trying to source some of the domesticated strains. Will try Kenny's discus as you suggested though.

I think my best bet may be a Miami or Fl based breeder though since we get daily cargo flights out of MIA.

Thanks Again!!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Howard View Post
    Thanks a ton for responding.

I know the hard work is on my end as we don't receive tropical fish every day even though it does happen from time to time.

I've never kept discus before and with the hard water alkaline we have here i'm wary about going with Wild discus my first time out. I don't think its a good idea for beginner discus keepers based on what i've read and heard other people saying so i've been trying to source some of the domesticated strains. Will try Kenny's discus as you suggested though.

I think my best bet may be a Miami or Fl based breeder though since we get daily cargo flights out of MIA.

Thanks Again!!
    My advice would probably to find a local fish store to you who may already have the required licensing. Ask them to place an order from you directly. If you plan ordering from FL, Ryan is one of our sponsors and may be able to ship internationally, don't quote me on it though, just ask him. Make sure the discus never hit the LFS water though.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Alan Howard

Ricardo,

The local fish stores i tried referred me to one who occasionally imports but been haven't had a reply from them as yet but will try again i guess. I will also try contacting Ryan and see what he says. Nothing beats a try as they say.

Alan

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Howard View Post
    Ricardo,

The local fish stores i tried referred me to one who occasionally imports but been haven't had a reply from them as yet but will try again i guess. I will also try contacting Ryan and see what he says. Nothing beats a try as they say.

Alan
    absolutely Alan. Keep trying my friend. These discus are beautiful creatures, and if you start with quality, you are on the right track. You have the right idea, so lets try to get you some nice discus.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Yes, agree with Ricardo- please contact Ryan Smith in Florida (First Coast Discus) who I'm sure will do his best to try & accommodate you.
    If he can, you can be sure you'll get quality discus.