ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Emergency Room Posting

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff D'huyvetter

Default Emergency Room Posting

I was trying to post a comment in the Emergency Room but couldn't. Thought the issue was on my end then I found this:

"Following feedback from members in respect of the Disease and Sickness section of the forum we have now made some further changes to what New Members can and cannot do in that forum.

Additional Restrictions
    New Members cannot post on other peoples threads in the Disease Section."

So, how long am I considered a new member?

Real Name
    Mervin

Default Re: Emergency Room Posting

Quote Originally Posted by jdhuyvetter View Post
    I was trying to post a comment in the Emergency Room but couldn't. Thought the issue was on my end then I found this:

"Following feedback from members in respect of the Disease and Sickness section of the forum we have now made some further changes to what New Members can and cannot do in that forum.

Additional Restrictions
    New Members cannot post on other peoples threads in the Disease Section."

So, how long am I considered a new member?
    Oh! over 10 years...LOL....I joined in 2006 and that part is still blocked for me.So it's not for new members only.

Sorry Guys , Nothing Personal, but its based on the feedback the forum gave us.

Info here..
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...dication-forum

Basically its to prevent Members from Posting advice that they have little experience with. The criteria is based on both time as a member and post count ( 1 year and over 1000 posts). We are always open to members that feel they are qualified to advise others on health issues , you need only reach out to me and tell me about your experiences.

Too many times we have had members post advice and treatments that honestly they had little experience with. Often they had none and read it somewhere else or parroted what another member posted. ITs not fair to someone trying to work thru a problem, and its hard enough trying to help someone in need without having to deal with well meaning but inexperienced hobbyist advise. The Membership here has long asked for some kind system to prevent that... and this is what we have been trying the last year.

best always,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jeff D'huyvetter

ok, thanks. 1000 posts is a lot!