AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Welcome to the Neighborhood Paul (afriend)

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Welcome to the Neighborhood Paul (afriend)

Please join me in welcoming Paul to the neighborhood as our latest homesteader. Paul has written a series of articles titled "Getting the WOW Affect..." based on his filter design and use of a purigen reactor. You can find them here http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumd...s-and-Plumbing as a series of stickies if interested.

Paul, hope you find your homesteader to your liking. The build took a few days with Christmas, company and all. Holler back if you need anything. Enjoy.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Default Re: Welcome to the Neighborhood Paul (afriend)

Paul,
    Welcome to the forum's Homesteader section! Great bunch of people here and a great place to share your hobby,personal things, and support the forum at the same time. Thanks for your posts here on the forum and your support now as a Homesteader!
    Best wishes always!
    AL
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Welcome indeed. Especially nice to see a name I've been familiar with for a long time move into the neighborhood.
    President - North American Discus Association

Silver Member

Thank you Keith, Al and Pat.

Nice to feel welcome here.

Paul

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Matt

Your system is very interesting, and I would like to thank you for providing such a detailed and clear series of articles.

In particular, the impact a purigen reactor has on your system was quite interesting. I also like the idea of a pre-heat tank, rather than heating the entire mix tank.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MattArmstrong View Post
    Your system is very interesting, and I would like to thank you for providing such a detailed and clear series of articles.

In particular, the impact a purigen reactor has on your system was quite interesting. I also like the idea of a pre-heat tank, rather than heating the entire mix tank.
    Matt,

The pre-heat tank saves heating costs big time since I only have to heat 20 gallons rather than 155 gallons.

Purigen is an absolutely wonderful product that is especially useful for the discus community. Hopefully someone will come along and produce a reactor for it someday. I have no doubt that the use of purigen will result in healthier fish. When the discus community discovers the advantages of purigen, I believe that almost everyone will use it (with the possible exception of a planted tank.)

Thank you for your very kind remarks.

Paul
    Last edited by afriend; 01-01-2016 at 04:43 PM.