pic of month     Aquatic foods

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shipping?

  1. #1
    Registered Member Jenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    31
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Jenny

    Default Shipping?

    Have you started shipping yet? I am looking for quality Discus and can not find a breeder in my area that I feel comfortable buying from, since I made terrible mistakes on buying my first discus from my LFS

  2. #2
    Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    28,601
    Blog Entries
    4
    iTrader
    9 (100%)
    Real Name
    Pat

    Default Re: Shipping?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Have you started shipping yet? I am looking for quality Discus and can not find a breeder in my area that I feel comfortable buying from, since I made terrible mistakes on buying my first discus from my LFS
    Hi Jenny, Al is not selling discus as this point in time. However many of our other sponsors here are actively importing and shipping. You might consider browsing the sponsor forums to see if you like anything and read up on member's experiences with the sponsor.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening


  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Longs, SC
    Posts
    18
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Mike Trubow

    Default Re: Shipping?

    I also was leary about shipping fish when I started my tank. I've since ordered from DiscusHans, Chicago Discus and Carolina Discus. All 3 are extremely helpful before and after the order is placed with follow up emails or phone calls. The fish are well packed and shipped when it is convenient to you not them. All the fish I've gotten have been what I ordered and healthy. Others on here have ordered from other breeders in the sponsor list with similar results. Give it a go, I'm sure you'll be happy.
    -------------------------
    Regards
    Mike

  4. #4
    Homesteader rickztahone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacoima, California
    Posts
    12,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    iTrader
    11 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ricardo

    Default Re: Shipping?

    Jenny, take it from me when I tell you that when our sponsors ship out discus, they do it 100 times better than you would imagine they would. They take no chances when shipping, and if for whatever reason they get lost/DOA, our sponsors will take care of you.

    Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

    Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread




    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

  5. #5
    Registered Member Jenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    31
    iTrader
    0
    Real Name
    Jenny

    Default Re: Shipping?

    A lot of the ones I've looked at on here don't have a website that I can directly order from. Like first coast discus. They don't have anything working on the website. And I live in Ohio the closest to me is Kingdom Come discus website has not been update for a while either, are they still in business? I just want to purchase a variety, preferably from one place, and preferably bright colors. I'm only 20, and don't have too big of a budget either.

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL
    Posts
    6,409
    Blog Entries
    1
    iTrader
    14 (100%)

    Default Re: Shipping?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    A lot of the ones I've looked at on here don't have a website that I can directly order from. Like first coast discus. They don't have anything working on the website. And I live in Ohio the closest to me is Kingdom Come discus website has not been update for a while either, are they still in business? I just want to purchase a variety, preferably from one place, and preferably bright colors. I'm only 20, and don't have too big of a budget either.
    Hi Jenny,

    Most sponsors actively sell through Facebook and SimplyDiscus rather than using an automated shopping cart on their website. For instance, I posted my stock list in my sponsor section here on Simply with instructions to email or PM me to place an order. I keep it updated to reflect current availability and pricing. This will allow me to get you a shipping quote and answer any questions you have. Kenny and a few others here operate the same way. Kenny brings in monthly shipments, so in his sponsor section, you would look for the latest stocklist (January 2016) and that thread should contain all the pictures and prices of the fish, as well as instructions on how to reach him for placing an order.

    Ordering from a website is tricky when it comes to livestock because it's hard to explain to the seller exactly what you're looking for, and ensure that you're getting what you want. Most of us like to have more personal contact with our customers to be sure you're satisfied with the order you're placing, and to have a better understanding of exactly what you expect from the fish you're buying. As you alluded to, discus aren't exactly inexpensive, so don't be afraid to reach out to a seller and ask questions, explain what you're looking for in terms of shape or color, etc. After you've confirmed your order and received a shipping quote, then we can invoice you through PayPal for the fish and get you set up with a shipping date.
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-08-2016 at 07:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Homesteader rickztahone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacoima, California
    Posts
    12,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    iTrader
    11 (100%)
    Real Name
    Ricardo

    Default Re: Shipping?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hi Jenny,

    Most sponsors actively sell through Facebook and SimplyDiscus rather than using an automated shopping cart on their website. For instance, I posted my stock list in my sponsor section here on Simply with instructions to email or PM me to place an order. I keep it updated to reflect current availability and pricing. This will allow me to get you a shipping quote and answer any questions you have. Kenny and a few others here operate the same way. Kenny brings in monthly shipments, so in his sponsor section, you would look for the latest stocklist (January 2016) and that thread should contain all the pictures and prices of the fish, as well as instructions on how to reach him for placing an order.

    Ordering from a website is tricky when it comes to livestock because it's hard to explain to the seller exactly what you're looking for, and ensure that you're getting what you want. Most of us like to have more personal contact with our customers to be sure you're satisfied with the order you're placing, and to have a better understanding of exactly what you expect from the fish you're buying. As you alluded to, discus aren't exactly inexpensive, so don't be afraid to reach out to a seller and ask questions, explain what you're looking for in terms of shape or color, etc. After you've confirmed your order and received a shipping quote, then we can invoice you through PayPal for the fish and get you set up with a shipping date.
    On the nose. Jenny, I'll tell you this, if you order from Ryan, you will not be dissapointed. That goes for the other sponsors as well.

    If you ARE interested in a shopping cart type of transaction, you can go over to the Chicagodiscus website, J&M have a system in play like that.

    Lastly, call and speak to the sponsors, they will answer your questions and more. Call Kenny and he will remember your name for life, lol.

    Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

    Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread




    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cafepress             AquaticSuppliers.com