AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joined a Local Camera Club

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Joined a Local Camera Club

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Pat,
    The 200-400mm is a whole different beast. Not hand holdable (for long). Because it is an F4 lens throughout it's range it has to be made with bigger glass so it is heavy and best on a sturdy tripod. Autofocus is much faster than the 80-400 and it is somewhat sharper. Also has nicer bokeh.
    With a Dx camera you have a true birding lens.

St Augustine in the spring is a blast. I try to go each year for 4-5 days.
    Attachment 93385
    Stan, I am assuming Dx stands for cropped sensor? I do not know that terminology and I am assuming it is Nikon specific

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Stan, I am assuming Dx stands for cropped sensor? I do not know that terminology and I am assuming it is Nikon specific
    Stan, please correct me if I am wrong. DX is a crop camera and FX is full frame I think Ricardo.

Stan, sending you a PM on the lens.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Stan, please correct me if I am wrong. DX is a crop camera and FX is full frame I think Ricardo.

Stan, sending you a PM on the lens.
    Pat
    That is what I assume. Cropped camera sensors benefit a lot more from telephoto lenses. Full frame sensors have better rendering in portraiture.

This is why I had a cropped sensor camera and have a full frame now. However, I gave the cropped to my brother and have been regretting that for a while now. To boot, I gave him what I arguably believe to be one of the best lenses Sony makes, the 16-50 2.8 lens.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

That is correct Pat.
    Dx is a cropped sensor. And, you will see Nikon lenses marked as Dx or Fx specific (they do fit on all bodies). In general you can put an Fx lens on either Fx or Dx cameras. (On Dx you get a 1.4 mag.) Dx lenses don't fair as well on Fx bodies. I think with Canon you can't mount one on the other so they are not interchangeable.
    https://photographylife.com/using-ni...-on-fx-cameras
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

Real Name
    Matt

You can mount Canon EF (Full frame) lenses on any Canon body EF or EF-S mount, but the EF-S lenses (crop) will only fit the crop bodies.
    -Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12