ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 25g cube grow out tank

Real Name
    Manny

Default Re: 25g cube grow out tank

Thanks for the reply Phil. Because my tap water always has a ph of 7.6 even after sitting for 2 days that I wouldn't need an aging barrel. Does your aging barrel have a heater running all day? I do 50% water changes and vacume everyday due to the fact I feed 4 times a day. I noticed the one that wasn't eating took a couple of bites off the beef heart mix yesterday so hopefully he'll be okay.

Registered Member

Tuner - I Run 1 - 55gal barrel non heated with Air then my real barrel - 55gal - Heated to temp with air ....and rotate ...Works awesome so far(A bit overkill but my water has Chlorine and chloramine out the ying yang....Ph is ok at about 7.1) but i pump it full of air and Use Prime to try keeping it to the stress min... havent lost a fish yet...- That probably is in part due to Rick From CAF has awesome fish tho haha

Real Name
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Marco164 View Post
    Tuner - I Run 1 - 55gal barrel non heated with Air then my real barrel - 55gal - Heated to temp with air ....and rotate ...Works awesome so far(A bit overkill but my water has Chlorine and chloramine out the ying yang....Ph is ok at about 7.1) but i pump it full of air and Use Prime to try keeping it to the stress min... havent lost a fish yet...- That probably is in part due to Rick From CAF has awesome fish tho haha
    I decided to buy a 35 barrel to age water for 24hr with a powerhead and a airline hose attached to it. I also put a 150w heater with a diy heater controller, water temp is a lot more stable when doing water changes.

Real Name
    Manny

I've been slowly putting together my 90gal setup. I built a sump with a 29 gallon aqueon tank that i picked up at petco's dollar gallon sale. I ordered 4 pieces of glass cut to size from my local glass shop and put everything together. Overall cost for the sump was about $95 bucks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Real Name
    Manny

One of the scribbelt discus that was having a hard time eating isn't eating at all now. I noticed white poop coming out of him so i medicating the tank with metro. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

i am all hooked on to follow the progress on this one....

hope they get better soon, stinkers are hardy, so they should bounce back quickly. do post some updated pics when things settle down...

Real Name
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavalsp View Post
    i am all hooked on to follow the progress on this one....

hope they get better soon, stinkers are hardy, so they should bounce back quickly. do post some updated pics when things settle down...
    Lol thanks! Will do!

Real Name
    Manny

Dosing Metro was a success. The sick discus is now eating with a huge appetite! He's also not hiding and not letting the others bully him. I'm going to medicate for three more days which will be a total of 10 days. One thing i noticed was when i raised the heat to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (on the fourth day ) is when he really started to bounce back.

Real Name
    Manny

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Real Name
    Manny

https://youtu.be/qYiDqBLEuoY

please don't mind all the crap at the bottom of the tank, the video was taken right after the last feeding of the day and before my daily 50% water change.
    Last edited by tunerhead24; 03-27-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345