AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cross result of Snow White male with Blue Diamond female. See photos.

Default Re: Cross result of Snow White male with Blue Diamond female. See photos.

They really do look similar!
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Cross result of Snow White male with Blue Diamond female. See photos.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Took some quick pics...
    Thank you Al! As much as I have greatly appreciated getting genetic information from Rod over the years, with all the back and forth with he and Rick on this thread I was really ready for some pictures.

Definitely some interesting looking discus...in a good way.
    President - North American Discus Association

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

I know my photography skills were not anything brag about, but I really didn't know how bad I was until I looked at Al's photos. If you add that i'm using a point and shoot camera that it's about 10 years old, it's not difficult to have photos of the same fish look different. The detail in Al's photos is incredible. Actually the fish I kept closer to the color in these photos than the ones i posted. Also the lighting may be a factor, as i'm using a regular 48" fluorescent tube about a foot above the tank.

I would like to thank everybody for your comments and input.

Tony

Hi Tony,
    Your Photo skills arent bad, especially given the gear you are using. Photography is my other hobby,one I have had longer than I have kept discus. Still learning after all these years!

I will give our Forum's Photography section a bump here.I bet even with your older gear you can pick up a few tips from guys like Ricardo there...if you want to maximize on your photo skills with the gear you have.

Keep up the great work with your fish..the photos may not show it as well...but the ones you are growing out look awesome

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Hi Al
    Those fish have an amazing look to them. And, don't forget I Live pretty close to you so when the time comes I'll be down to get some juvies. Also, liked that advert for your
    fdbw. LOL
    Jay

Real Name
    Ricardo

Hi Tony,
    Your Photo skills arent bad, especially given the gear you are using. Photography is my other hobby,one I have had longer than I have kept discus. Still learning after all these years!

I will give our Forum's Photography section a bump here.I bet even with your older gear you can pick up a few tips from guys like Ricardo there...if you want to maximize on your photo skills with the gear you have.

Keep up the great work with your fish..the photos may not show it as well...but the ones you are growing out look awesome

Al
    Yup, we can help Tony and anyone else interested in improving their photography skills

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Yup, we can help Tony and anyone else interested in improving their photography skills
    Thank you Ricardo. I will be definitely contacting you soon.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

Hi friends, here are some additional photos at 7.5 months of this accidental cross.D2.jpgD1.jpgD3.jpgD5.jpgD6.jpgD8.jpgD10.jpg

Real Name
    Dominic

They grew out very nicely!
    My Aquatic Science teacher gave me the nickname "Fish Whisperer" and I didn't get it for nothing!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Very nice looking fish.

Registered Member TheRedSpotted's Avatar

Very nice looking shape. healthy fishes
    The pattern seems to vanish try a throwback to fix the genes the greyish background on some fishes could be eliminated by this way on next generation

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

Hello fellow discus hobbyists, here are some photos at 17 months old. From the five that i still have, four are a little over 7" and one is about 6". I think the 6" is the only female since its the only one that keeps laying eggs. As you can see they still love Al's FDBW.
    '

photo 4.jpgIMG_1593.jpgdiscus5.jpgdiscus.jpgIMG_1572.jpgdiscus2.jpg

Registered Member
    Real Name
    DatDiscusDude

Someone would sell those as a "ghost" this or that and get 150-200 bucks for them... I happen to like them and the shape is outstanding and they are little chunkers! Nicely done. These are the only 5 out there? Or are those babies more of them?

Great looking fish. Love that shape

Registered Member
    Real Name
    TONY

Quote Originally Posted by DatDiscusDude View Post
    Someone would sell those as a "ghost" this or that and get 150-200 bucks for them... I happen to like them and the shape is outstanding and they are little chunkers! Nicely done. These are the only 5 out there? Or are those babies more of them?
    Thanks, i had about 35 babies kept only 5, gave the rest away.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast