AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 75 Gallon First Timer

Registered Member

Default Re: 75 Gallon First Timer

I believe the largest ones are coming up on 5" or more. There's also a L134 pleco in there now that pretty much just lives in the wood. I'd like to get some kind of invert to clean up around the plants at some point. Ordered some Marine Pure to add to the sump today.

Registered Member

All fish are well, still feeding beefheart mix twice daily, changing water every 3 days usually. Added Media Pure to the sump and using 100 micron filter pad in the drip tray to keep the sump clean. Also running an Eheim 2215, mostly for the purpose of having some Purigen going, but planning on getting a reactor for this at some point instead. More good news is I found a 90 gallon so that I can upgrade a bit while staying in the same footprint of the 75, and maybe even getting away with using the same stand... although I'd also like to build a stand without a center brace for easier access to the sump.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

they all have grown so well. I am glad that WC in 3 days and 2 times feeding has worked out well for you...

btw, loved that leopard...it is going to be magnificent after it hits 6 inch + size...

Registered Member

Thanks a ton. In the beginning I did perform large water changes once daily when I used a large sponge filter (Hamburg Mattenfilter), but I believe that multi stage filtration and not overfeeding have allowed for less frequent water changes, which is much more compatible with my work schedule. I have combined advice from different breeders and keepers and I hope that it continues to provide the fish with what they need to keep growing. Right now it looks like the largest ones are pretty on par with the Stendker growth chart, even though there has been some trial and error on my part.

Registered Member

Some recent cell phone/instagram pics.... some day I will get nicer pics with a real camera.

Good lookin fish. I too am a 75G first timer

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Dhaval

nice progress. those cobalts have great shape.

Registered Member

The 2 Cobalts have paired up and chosen a spot on the driftwood to guard and pick at, sometimes forcefully.

The smallest blue snakeskin started declining pretty rapidly. For a long time, it was at the same social level as the leopard, until a week or a little longer ago, I noticed the leopard showing better colors, eating more, and pushing some of the bigger discus around, as well as the little blue snakeskin. At first I wasn't sure if it was still eating or not, but now it is definitely apparent that it has lost quite a bit of weight, usually isn't showing good colors, and has started to get some fin damage. I've been slacking on water changes, so I'm going to try to do them more often and hope that helps. Also considering moving the Cobalts out to change the dynamics in the tank.

Registered Member

Female Cobalt is laying eggs. Male or other discus are eating them. :P

https://youtu.be/OwXKtYFJl-Q

Registered Member

Here's the right coding for the video. Quick Reply brings up a different code.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234