ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Aqua 22g Saltwater build

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Mr. Aqua 22g Saltwater build

Not discus related, I know, but check out what I just got!

2x - 22g Long Mr Aqua Low Iron 36x12x12 tanks. My plan is to do one fully planted tank w/ co2 and the other a SW RBTA and Clownfish tank.

Both will have sumps, and both will be side by side

Last edited by rickztahone; 04-17-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: 2 Tank build

Nice Ricardo, will be fun to watch your build with these.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member

Fun! This is such a neat size. I like how one will be fresh and one will be salt.

Real Name
    Eric

Ohh cool. Branching out! I'll be following this.
    .................................................. .........................

Registered Member

following!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Nice Ricardo, will be fun to watch your build with these.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat. I've been brainstorming all day thinking of how I want to approach the plumbing. I have finally decided on something but it will require a lot of modification. If any of you know me by now, I hate having things in my tanks showing equipment, this build will be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Fun! This is such a neat size. I like how one will be fresh and one will be salt.
    I'm pondering having both of them side by side and having them almost mirror each other somehow, one with live rock, the other with DW and regular stones, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ericNH View Post
    Ohh cool. Branching out! I'll be following this.
    Branching out indeed. First SW tank. Very excited about that. Being the researching I am, I have put in at least 6 months of planning in to this RBTA tank and it takes roughly a year to be able to introduce an anemone in to a tank, so I am not looking forward to that wait

Quote Originally Posted by Maro1 View Post
    following!
    Thanks for the follow. Hope to have something up here in the next few weeks. This project is not a huge priority however, so the updates may be a little slow.

I did decide on my plumbing approach however, and I think everyone will like it.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Can't wait to see it. Sounds interesting. We have a year old saltwater and just introduced a anemone awesome animal for sure feed it shrimp every other day so hopefully it won't grasp one of our smaller fish.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jbell View Post
    Can't wait to see it. Sounds interesting. We have a year old saltwater and just introduced a anemone awesome animal for sure feed it shrimp every other day so hopefully it won't grasp one of our smaller fish.
    Cool, do you have a build thread somewhere?

Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Cool, do you have a build thread somewhere?
    No sorry I don't. It started out as 29 gal nano with 30 gal sump now it's a 55 with 30 sump. Just built a DIY auto top off .

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Real Name
    Ricardo

Love that last shot. Is that a GBTA? Also, nice hammer (I am assuming its a hammer?)

How long did it take you to introduce the BTA to the tank?

Got a pic of the sump?

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    I'm pondering having both of them side by side and having them almost mirror each other somehow, one with live rock, the other with DW and regular stones, or something like that.
    Sounds awesome!

Real Name
    Ricardo

Well, from hand sketch, to graph sketch to hopefully real life soon

Graphing paper 12g.pdf

I am not able to convert this pdf in to a jpeg here at work, so sorry for having to click the link directly. I will try to convert it when I get home so it is embedded

So the idea here is a modified DIY AIO section that will run the plumbing from below it straight shoot shot to the sump and back up to the tank. This will keep all equipment out of the tank, and there shouldn't be anything visible but for the return, and possibly a closed loop bulkhead(s).

If you have any questions, let me know

This one depicts the SW layout. The planted will be a little easier since it will not have the skimmer.

Cafepress.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hopefully this works.

Ricardo's Design.jpg
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Ahhhhh! Eureka! Thanks Pat

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

When I look at that picture it looks overly complicated, but it really shouldn't be in theory. It is much more simplified than my 75g actually. The main thing that will have to be done very well will be the add on AIO section. Although that section will never have more than 2 gallons of water at any given time, if that section fails, then the water pump would keep pumping water from my sump in to the display until it runs dry put it will overflow to the AIO section.

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast