ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: A Camera's Journey..... Continues on...

Default Re: A Camera's Journey.....

Great pics Al, glad the schedule change works for everyone.

Registered Member John_Nicholson's Avatar

Man I have been swamped but here is a picture that my youngest took. She is 15 and has fallen in love with the camera. I will try to post some more pictures through out the day as time permits. This first pictures is of a flower called indian paintbrush.

-john
    Please check out http://forum.discusnada.org/

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Ricardo

Never seen a flower like this. Very beautiful.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

I have not gotten through the rest of her pictures but here are a few more that caught my eye.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Real Name
    Ricardo

That is an interesting rock. How does it end up being this way?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Just some fossils the child found. I know it will upset all of the global warming alarmist but thousands of years ago before people took over the earth we were in a hot cycle and most of Texas was under the sea. This means that we have lots of fossils if you know where to look. I even know a place that has dinosaur tracks and I am not talking about a public park. I found them while out hog hunting north of here. The owner had been told by his grand father many, many years before that they were there but no one knew exactly where. He has kept it a secret because he does not want to deal with trespassers but it was a cool place.

-john

SOS Crew Texas

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    That is an interesting rock. How does it end up being this way?
    Its calcareous Limestone.. .. As John said from when alot of Texas was under water due to its low elevation above sea level. These types of rocks make up the most of South Florida too for the same reason. As the waters receded..they become exposed. They make great base rock for reef tanks. I've collected it on alot of my biology trips to Florida and used to use it in my marine tanks. Its a window into the past....

I still have a bunch of it for future use....
    20160601_093019.jpg

Your Daughter did great with the Camera John! I'm glad she enjoyed it!.

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 06-01-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Just FYI - Camera is in my possession =)
    The guy with a lot of tanks

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by John7429 View Post
    Just FYI - Camera is in my possession =)
    Cool John, thanks for the update. I will update the map. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cafepress.com

John those pics are nice, I especially like the horse pic, looks like you snuck up on it. Your daughters picture may be the best of the bunch though. Great contrast and framing!

never upset, but feel the need to say it is the CO2 levels we have to worry about. Mini ice ages, and warm streaks do happen, but we are reaching dinosaur age levels of CO2. Volcano's do release the stuff, but it is usually in short blasts, or localized. We have been releasing a steadily increasing flow of CO2 and strange never before created chemicals into the atmosphere for the last 150 years all over the globe. I don't think we are going to kill the earth, but it may become very uncomfortable in many of the most dense population zones soon. The saving grace may actually be if a big enough chunk of greenland or another glacier breaks off and thrusts us into a mini ice age, if not the frozen methane in the ocean floor which has been stored from previous ice ages starts to escape at an alarming rate (already speeding up, talk to ship crews up nortth), and that can really create havoc with the thermostat.

If aliens were watching us, I imagine it looks something like a population trying to kill themselves in the garage with the car running. We have a very large garage, but it does fill up eventually, getting very warm, and very toxic.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Unfortunately, I did not have very much time the last week to take pictures. My father-in-law just got back from a 3mo trip so we celebrated Father's Day late. We also put in pavers over last few weeks to surprise him (which worked great!).

I was not able to take pics of our discus because they are in my wife's office. I didn't have time to get there with the camera for pics =(

However, I did take it with me to the parrot sanctuary where I volunteer and now serve as the Director of Operations (as of last Thur night). We had several board meetings over the last two weeks as we voted through a change of half of the board of directors. I also took a couple pics of some of my reptiles.

Lastly, today was our semi annual raffle meet for SCAPE (www.scapeclub.org). I was busy being the auctioneer as well as the raffle coordinator so I couldn't take many pictures. I ran through the store and snapped a couple when the meet was over...

I really wish I had more time to play around with the camera a bit more... maybe next time.

Enjoy.

Our animals:

Tank - our rescue Sulcata

The baby Sulcatas

Xena - African Grey

Rescue Bearded Dragon (calling him Buddy for now)

Raising some quail. You can see the quick feather development over just 2 days.

Parrot Sanctuary (www.thelilysanctuary.org) Birds:
    Joe (will be bringing him home soon)

Tallulah the oldest bird there at over 60 years old (also coming home with me soon)

Indy

Rojo (played with the aperture a little)

Wally

Evie is boarding there for a couple more weeks

AJ

SCAPE Meet:

Forgot to make adjustments for the lighting. Took a couple pics during the raffle between items... didn't work out so well =\

Realized I had screwed up so made a couple clicks to adjust. This was our auction table for the day

Pics of the store (Pet Supreme in Sylmar, CA) afterwards:
    Had to take one of the Payara they had.... one of my favorite fish

A couple of our members scaped this tank a couple years ago. Still looks nice.
    Last edited by John7429; 06-27-2016 at 03:08 AM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

I love that tank John. Luckily, that LFS is only about 2 minutes from my house. I like the one stop shop approach they have going on.

Really nice pics. I like the diversity and the bird pics are all really nice. TFS and participating bud

Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    John

Put me in the rotation again later if that's allowed... I'll take more pics of my stuff next time. Between the bird sanctuary board turn over, SCAPE meet, and Father's Day, I had little time for myself... =\

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by John7429 View Post
    Put me in the rotation again later if that's allowed... I'll take more pics of my stuff next time. Between the bird sanctuary board turn over, SCAPE meet, and Father's Day, I had little time for myself... =\
    I bet. I would have loved a wide shot of just your garage

Cafepress.com

For only having time for a few pics, there are some really cool pics in there. Love the Turtle, and Birds, and always fun to see other fish clubs in action. Nice discus too

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast