AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: A Camera's Journey..... Continues on...

Default Re: A Camera's Journey.....

The camera is back again at its starting point. I had hoped to use it at the 2016 NADA show but just didn't have the time. I'd like to start the list again on who would like to try the camera. Shout out here if you want to have some fun with it and and we begin again once we have a decent list. In the meantime I may change up the peripheral sent with it. Maybe a different lens and flash set up. Got to go thru my bag of tricks.

Anyone who received it before is welcome to have a second round.

thanks,
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    The camera is back again at its starting point. I had hoped to use it at the 2016 NADA show but just didn't have the time. I'd like to start the list again on who would like to try the camera. Shout out here if you want to have some fun with it and and we begin again once we have a decent list. In the meantime I may change up the peripheral sent with it. Maybe a different lens and flash set up. Got to go thru my bag of tricks.

Anyone who received it before is welcome to have a second round.

thanks,
    al
    Tom here in Cincinnati. I would love to do this.

Awesome Tom! Your on the list!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Still interested, but may be moving back to the us in the fall, so timing will be key. Hopefully it is an early fall so I can catch the colors which are stunning here.

Real Name
    Ryan

When is this taking place again?
    Have you gotten your hands wet today?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Ryno View Post
    When is this taking place again?
    It has been taking place for quite a few months now. If you are interested you can join as well. All that is required is to pay the shipping.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Is the camera taking a rest?

Hello all,

I am considering restarting this Camera Journey. I had the camera up for sale here but never sold it and decided to hold it a bit. The First Journey was alot of Fun and gave many members a chance to play around with a truly iconic Digital SLR,Pentax Digital SLR. ..*ist DS .. 6 megapixel camera Its old by today's standards, some would say obsolete (ridiculous!) but really takes amazing pics. The Camera came out in 2004 so it is 14 years old! I think members that took up the challenge and used it really were surprised by what such old tech could accomplish. The colors are amazing for such an old sensor. I believe I have all the original gear still, though I may swap out the flash. To make it worth while we need a good list of interested members that can take the camera, try it out a week and pass it along to someone else. There is no cost to do this except the shipping costs ... It would be $20 USPS Priority Flat rate (with Insurance )in the USA. Canada and international is welcome also but we have to figure out the best shipping options there..

My reason for doing this again is because we have many new members now that might be interested.Its been 2 years since the last round. Those that got this camera in the past can participate again if they want. The nice thing about this camera is that it really is easy to use. If you are technologically challenged and that has been a reason why you never got a digital SLR camera, This camera will not intimidate you. Its literally fun to use with easy settings and yet it takes amazing images..

Pentax Digital SLR. ..Its a *ist DS .. 6 megapixel camera. Most camera out there now are 15-30 megapixals...sweet, yes! but not needed to have fun and take great images...

Look at the pics in the thread and also Check these out...

IMGP5943.jpg

IMGP5955_hcrop.jpg

IMGP5962.jpg

IMGP5967.jpg

IMGP5973.jpg

Yes thats right, this 14 year old tech can do something like this! Wanna Try it out? C'mon you know you do!

Al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 11-07-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

No takers yet....hmm. I may have to double dog dare you guys.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Definitely NOT a camera person, but I really enjoyed flipping through the previous pages. Seems like people really enjoyed it and got to test drive a camera for cheap.

Bummer, looks like the groups not up for a challenge right now. Probably intimidated by the sheer awesomeness of the pics members took last round. I understand that fear of failure is very real for some.

Oh well... seemed like a good idea to bring out the camera again. Had a thought to send it out with flash triggers this time to let people play around with flash shots like this...http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...he-Challengers

Not every idea can be a a good one though...some .are great .some not so great.I guess this was a not so great one.

No worries though.I think instead I will start a thread just of pics this camera takes. Show you all what you are missing.
    al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Lou Micevski

How about Down Under lads !!!!
    Maybe i can Deliver to Philip when i go to Bitola Macedonia ??
    Last edited by Lou.M; 11-09-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: add

Default Re: A Camera's Journey..... Continues on...

Since we aren't ready to send the camera out again, I thought I would post pics as I take with them here, keep the interest up in case we can get a list going. I am very fond of this old camera. For its age and limited functionality its pretty darn good. The pics I am taking are with the same camera from the original journey and the same basic kit lens. The flash is different than the nissen Flash we sent last time.I am using a more basic manual flash. A pentax AF200T flash.

I spent some time around the fishroom today... These are quick shots after a full water change and cleaning.. I could clean these up but these are minimally processed shots. Cropped as needed, maybe sharpened a little and color corrected. I think the camera still has a lot of life in it. What do you think?

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-06-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Last edited by brewmaster15; 01-06-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Default Re: A Camera's Journey..... Continues on...

Amazing shots Al. Beautiful pair. Is the female wild or a wild type? What is she? What will their fry look like? Lotsa life in the ole clicka yet!!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast