AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non Fish Residents of our houses

Real Name
    Jim

Default Non Fish Residents of our houses

My wife and I of course

We have two Doberman Pinchers, both are black and red. Buddy, our male is about 98lbs while Roxy our female is somewhere around 70lbs (she hasn't been weighed in a year so ??). Buddy is 6 and Roxy is 2, we adopted them both from Doberman Rescue of Illinois and they are simply fantastic house mates.

We also have 6 Cockatiels. We bought a male and female around 2009 and they had 3 chicks that they raised to adulthood. Unfortunately, one of them died leaving us with 4 males and 1 female - so we bought two more females. So far one of the new females has paired with one of our males, the other male is still too much in love with his mother to get with the other new female, so far... keeping my fingers crossed
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Non Fish Residents of our houses

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    My wife and I of course

We have two Doberman Pinchers, both are black and red. Buddy, our male is about 98lbs while Roxy our female is somewhere around 70lbs (she hasn't been weighed in a year so ??). Buddy is 6 and Roxy is 2, we adopted them both from Doberman Rescue of Illinois and they are simply fantastic house mates.

We also have 6 Cockatiels. We bought a male and female around 2009 and they had 3 chicks that they raised to adulthood. Unfortunately, one of them died leaving us with 4 males and 1 female - so we bought two more females. So far one of the new females has paired with one of our males, the other male is still too much in love with his mother to get with the other new female, so far... keeping my fingers crossed
    Let me get this straight, you started with a male and a female and they had 3 chicks. One of those died, leaving you with 4 males and 1 female? Is that new math or an Illinois thing?
    President - North American Discus Association

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

I was getting a headache with the number of the Cockatiels, can't resist a math problem. I think I have it!

It should read...

"We also have 6 Cockatiels. We bought a male and female around 2009 and they had 3 chicks that they raised to adulthood. Unfortunately, one of them died leaving us with 3 males and 1 female - so we bought two more females."

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Alright, my non-fishy pets includes two dogs; a blonde lab named Belle and a border terrier mix named Gypsy. We acquired Belle locally and Gypsy was dumped in the neighborhood and decided to live with us. Along with Gypsy came a year old cat who also adopted us. His name is Blaze and he is a big, old friendly grey and while cat. Then there is our little African grey named Marco. Bought him as a gift for my daughter in high school but they didn't hit it off. My hubby and Marco have lived happily ever after meaning Marco is most likely a female.

To complete the complement there is Jake and Bucky. Jake is an arabian ex-breeding stallion who will be 30 years old in April. He came to live with us at 18 years. Bucky is the newest one. He is a 16 year old quarter horse and is an absolute doll.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

We have a few critters here..

3 cats ...all rescues in one form or another. Ages 7,7,13.
    5 red footed Tortoises(future breeding colony)
    6 rat snakes (3 albino,3 normal)...breeding.
    4 firebellied Toads
    Backyard Flock of egg laying Hens.

That about sums it up here.
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jacklyn

we have a small petting zoo

two miniature horses tater and tot. Their registered names are tater lynard and tot skynard. They are roughly 7 years old and are awesome.
    TATER 12-2-2013.jpgTOT 12-2-2013.jpg

my cat, shelley, I found as a kitten living in the parking lot of my home town's high school, brought her home in my lunch box over 8 years ago, she is best friends with my dog
    2012-03-30 07.15.19.jpg

my best friend and dog shep. a german shepherd/yellow lab mix I got from a student 6 years ago as a puppy, his best friends are my cat and his bone.
    SHEP TIMEWARP.jpgshep and i.jpg04-09-15.jpg

my husband (we) also have 3 cows. Two black baldie heifers and one red brangus mix (we hope) heifer. They will all be bred this spring for the first time. We are just now starting our herd.
    red.jpg

besides my discus tank, I also have 4 other tanks, 3 planted and one biotope.
    ~JACKLYN~

Real Name
    Phil

I have 2 shih tzu's named Mookie and Carter... Mets fans anyone?? Anyways... They were kinda sorta rescues, not from a shelter but from a mean, nast, gross "breeder" who was going to have them put down because they were born with issues... Carter who is possibly the largest shih tzu in captivity at a rock solid 22 pounds has an awful overbite and had a bad hernia and wasn't show quality and mookie who is extra tiny with a stubby tail has a very pronounced heart murmur, we were told he wouldn't see his 1st birthday and he is 5!

They are great dogs and the best of friends, they are only 5 days apart and have been together since birth... They are amazing with my kids and my sons best friends, truly!

IMG_7594.jpgIMG_7595.jpgIMG_7596.jpgIMG_7597.jpg

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Chicago Discus's Avatar

Good morning everyone what a fun thread

Two blue and gold macaws both females one named Sky and the other Petri (Both rescues)
    Three red ear sliders (turtles) Harley, Davidson and Olivia (Harley and Davidson were a mothers day gift from my son John six years ago. Olivia is a rescue
    Two ex racing greyhounds (rescues) Richie and Matty
    one Italian Greyhound (rescue) Niko
    One short hair kitty I found at work stuck under a jeep grand cherokee. Of course her name is Cherokee

I know she is technically a fish but shes more a dog
    One 24" MBU puffer from Africa

Thats the clan
    Chicago Discus

Website-- www.chicagodiscus.com
    Email---- chicagodiscus@att.net

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

We have 4 cats, all rescued, all female, 3 are long hair and one short hair. Lucy, Sadie, Annie and Cindy. Indoor cats, with our screened porch to be outside on good weather days, lying in the sun or shade. We love them dearly. They ignore all my fish.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Real Name
    Dan

I have a Standard Poodle and an Italian Greyhound.

2015-11-26 09.50.41.jpg

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

I thought about trying to get our animals all in one picture but that would be a logistical nightmare and would lead to a fight.

• 2 dogs, Wirehaired pointing Griffin, and another of unknown origin
    • 3 cats that I call kitty but they have official names
    • 3 Nubian goats
    • 30-40 chickens. Some look funny and don't lay many eggs
    • 18 turkeys (they make great pets, but not all are pets)
    • 3 Peacocks
    • Bunch of cows

The turkeys are a blast. They hang around the house during the day and I like to toss grapes for them. One gets a grape in its mouth and all the rest chase him endlessly around the yard, trying to steal his grape, and he can't stop and eat his grape.

My wife has names for most of the animals, including about half of the birds.

...and 5 geese, almost forgot.
    Last edited by DJW; 02-09-2016 at 09:46 PM. Reason: geese

Registered Member nofearengineer's Avatar

I have a 6-year old Congo African Gray female named Bitty. She's a spoiled brat, but she loves me.
    DSC_1379.jpg

Real Name
    Paul

Aquatic... but not fish.

9 Chinese firebellied newts. Loved these things as a kid and had to get them again as a adult.

and a little surprise this morning...

And last but not least, Cali my year and half old Yorki. Possibly the most spoiled dog ever!!! She's 8 lbs of pure viciousness!

Registered Member

beside discus we have 2 dogs, Kosh and Anais are swiss white shepperds
    kosh 1.jpg
    kosh en anais.jpg
    kosh.jpg

Real Name
    Eric

My cat, Hagrid:

Hagrid3.jpg
    .................................................. .........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast