AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to use metro

Real Name
    Peter

Default Re: How to use metro

Hi guys,

Taking the opportunity to ask some questions on Metro while there is a current discussion.

Dosage rate. As mentioned above, 1 250mg tablet treats 5 gallons. I am buying some 400mg tablets and the recommended dosage is 1 tablet per 160 litres (42 gallons). That's a large disparity to my way of thinking.

Water changes and daily dosing. Does Metro break down or dissipate from the water column over 24 hours between water changes? Should reducing be at full recommended dosage?

Thanks guys.

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by briztoon View Post
    Hi guys,

Taking the opportunity to ask some questions on Metro while there is a current discussion.

Dosage rate. As mentioned above, 1 250mg tablet treats 5 gallons. I am buying some 400mg tablets and the recommended dosage is 1 tablet per 160 litres (42 gallons). That's a large disparity to my way of thinking.

Water changes and daily dosing. Does Metro break down or dissipate from the water column over 24 hours between water changes? Should reducing be at full recommended dosage?

Thanks guys.
    You might some answers in this recent thread. See post #5:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...54#post1197154

hth
    Dan

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Dan. That does explain how Metro "dissipates". What about dosage rate?

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

I always redose the entire water volume. If you're getting slightly conflicting directions on the amount to use, go with the higher of the two. Metro is one of the safest aquarium medications you're going to run across, and about the only one I'd give you that advice on.
    President - North American Discus Association

Silver Member
    Real Name
    Dan

I have the 100% Metro from Angels Plus, and it says 1/4 tsp per 40 gallons, which works out to about 250mg per 10 gallons. This dosage, according to Al's post, is the minimum dose that is effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12