AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: water pump?

Registered Member

Default water pump?

Hey guys, i'm interested in buying a water pump to help me with my water changes. i have a 125 gallon discus tank and i have to pump the water from a 60 gallon barrel. Any suggestions on the brand and the size of the pump ? thanks for your help.

Real Name
    Phil

Default Re: water pump?

I use a rio 1700... I got it off of amazon and it has been a great pump for me, I believe they sell many sizes to fit your needs, I use it to pump about 40 gallons from a drum to my 55 gallon, does the job... They also replace it for me once when I had a weird issue and it seized... No questions asked so to me that says a lot as well...

Real Name
    Ricardo

Yup, I had a Rio 1400 for a long time and it worked great. It isn't the fastest for sure, but if you want more flow you will get in to the $60-$100 range easily.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Daniel Boyer

I have a Rio 2500 that is plugged into one of those remote controlled outlets... I just move the hose to the tank that needs to be filled and hit the button on the remote and watch it fill a 40 Breeder in about 2 minutes, then I just hit the off button. There is nothing I hate more than waiting for a container to fill so I say go as fast as you can afford.