ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need an avatar?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Need an avatar?

I have done a few avatars over the years for members of this forum as well as others. Recently I made one for Phil and wanted to extend the offer to a few others depending on my free time.

So, this is how it will work.

I will take on 3 member photos at any one time. I will not take more than that at a time, and I cannot guarantee to have your avatar by any specific date. I will be doing these on any free time I have available. Once I am done with one, two or three, I will refer to the list and pm the next member in line. When I pm you to send me the picture, send it to this email:
    rickztah1@yahoo.com

...but do not send it BEFORE I have pm'd you. I will go down the list as I get interest and the OP will be the one that gets updated. I will only work on one file from a member at a time. If you have another file, you will have to put your name at the end of the list for the second file.

Here's the catch, the quality of the photo has to be decent. Doesn't have to be great, but has to be decent for me to even consider working on it.

So, here's the criteria:

-must be a good side shot of the discus
    -dimensions must be at least 1024x1024
    -must follow the steps above
    -will be uploaded to my flickr account where you can download it. That specific section will have all avatars that have been done thus far. If you are not fine with me sharing the pictures, this isn't for you . However, I will not use ANY of these pictures for profit.
    -when you send me the email with you picture, please include your username from the forum so I have a reference on who on the list I am crossing off.
    -lastly, tell me which options you would like from the following:

• background color (black and white look best IMHO, but you can choose whatever you want, but don't keep changing it. If you choose (e.g.) green, please live with the green background as I will move on down the line if you do not happen to like it.
    • silhouette Y/N (this would not show the actual fish, just the outline, refer to samples)
    • color (on the actual discus) Y/N
    • Dealers choice Y/N (if yes, you can leave all the above questions blank)

Here are a few examples:
    Avatar done for Pat by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Avatar done for Phil black by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Black background / No Silhouette / yes color

Avatar done for Phil white by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    My avatar white by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    White background / No Silhouette / yes color

Avatar done for Phil Psychedelic by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Dealers choice. This is one of the crazy edits you may get if you choose dealers choice. However, not all of them may be this interesting, and I may just choose to do any of the other choices above. For reference, I did this for Phil and I called it a "psychedelic" discus

My avatar Silhouette by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr

Black background / Yes Silhouette / No color (on discus)

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Default Re: Need an avatar?

Those look nice Ricardo

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I'm sporting one of Ricardo's avatars Thanks Ricardo.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by alcastro View Post
    Those look nice Ricardo
    Thanks bud, you know if you need one, just holler

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I'm sporting one of Ricardo's avatars Thanks Ricardo.
    Pat
    One of my best avatars IMHO. It doesn't hurt that the discus itself is an absolute stunner!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Great work. The second to last one is amazing.
    Stan

SIMPLY DISCUS IS AN OXYMORON

That's an extremely fine gesture for you to do this, Ricardo - you're to be applauded for offering this service to other members.

But folks, don't just send Rick photos of your fish for your avatar, send him pics of yourselves, for some more member 'transparency' on the forum, like Don, Larry, John, & myself, and some others have done -

Wish I had sent Ricardo that pic of myself in the first place, so that he could have made me look half decent.
    Last edited by discuspaul; 02-11-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    That's an extremely fine gesture for you to do this, Ricardo - you're to be applauded for offering this service to other members.

But folks, don't just send Rick photos of your fish for your avatar, send him pics of yourselves, for some more member 'transparency' on the forum, like Don, Larry, myself, and some others have done -

Wish I had sent Ricardo that pic of myself in the first place, so that he could have made me look half decent.
    - This is one of the prime examples why we -------->

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by SMB2 View Post
    Great work. The second to last one is amazing.
    Thanks Stan. The idea of it was inspired by Al and his avatar pic (currently)

Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    - This is one of the prime examples why we -------->

Ooh, now I'm saddened - not sure what it means, but it doesn't sound complimentary -

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Ooh, now I'm saddened - not sure what it means, but it doesn't sound complimentary -
    You know you don't need work done on your picture! Remember, I live close to Hollywood where everything is fake, lol. We keep it real around here!

Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Thanks Stan. The idea of it was inspired by Al and his avatar pic (currently)
    I though you did not see it lol

Real Name
    Phil

Thanks again Ricardo!! He did an absolutely amazing job with the picture I sent him and as you can see we worked on a few ideas ... Now I finally have an avatar! Instead of my boring blank profile...

The crazy one is so hard not to use, it is so cool and different... I think I will be switching them up jus for fun!!

Don't go doing too many now Ricardo! I want to have exclusive artwork here!! Lolol.

Very cool work Ricardo! And very generous as well. I say it all the time but its never enough. Our staff here Rock!

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

So, I was SOOOOO over flooded with requests yesterday.....(said Rick with Sarcasm)

First person in line will get their avatar by TONIGHT!!! Incentive enough?

Cafepress.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast