ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Discus Madness in NJ

Default Discus Madness in NJ

I visited the store in Union NJ this past week. Just to get a feel for the place and to see what he had. Wow, at least 100 beautiful fish at 10" and more. Every strain imaginable at various sizes. I'm by no means an expert. However, I've learned what a good fish looks like. Almost all of his fish are near perfect. I didn't examine them individually, but as a passerby. Very hardy, brilliant, hungry, and round. Many beautiful tankmates as well. I am definitely going to invest in his stock of black emperor tetras, beautiful. When my QT has vacancy I'll be making another trip. His prices were phenomenol. He was very helpful and willing to answer any questions. Just want to pass on my personal experience at Discus Madness and Mathias, the owner. Looking forward to a trip in a few weeks.

Registered Member

Default Re: Discus Madness in NJ

I went there a few weeks ago, I didn't see any that large. Maybe he got a new batch in. I'll make my way there this weekend. Thanks for the heads up.

Default Re: Discus Madness in NJ

Check for yourselves, I am not really one to exaggerate or give a darn to and really don't care to argue either. The shipment just came in and are being QT'd. Most are already sold. As for Why? Its close, large, and many tank mates and supplies. I shared an experience. Do with whatever you want. I'll be going back.
    Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 02-18-2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Suggested language