AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Auction Auction!!! Red Hot!!!First Coast Discus

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: First Coast Discus and their First Auction for SimplyDiscus!! Ricky Lim Fish Anyo

Quote Originally Posted by astrochick00 View Post
    I want to raise the bar a little bit here. These are very, very nice fish and the free shipping adds $100-$150 of value to the auction. But the purpose is not just for one person to get these nice fish; the purpose is to raise money for simply. I'm going to bid ONCE more, mostly because I don't realistically have a tank for these guys (though I can slap one up in a hurry if I got really lucky). My bid comes with a pledge, and I want to see if anyone else will do this:

I'm bidding $725. I seriously don't think that's enough to win this auction, so I'm also pledging to donate 10% of that bid if I don't win. So Simply will get $72.50 out of me regardless. Are any of the previous bidders or future bidders willing to do the same?
    Very generous indeed Lindsay. I know what it is like not having a tank setup for something you are bidding on, but I'm sure it can be done! Good luck!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Lindsay

Default Re: First Coast Discus and their First Auction for SimplyDiscus!! Ricky Lim Fish Anyo

Thanks Ricardo,

I will be seriously shocked if someone doesn't increase this bid. These fish retail for $200 each, I'm sure, plus the shipping and FDBW's....it's a steal at $725. I will have a tank up in no-time and be doing a happy dance the whole time. My realistic meter, sadly, says that this auction is about an $1100 value. But my fingers are crossed!!!
    "I don't mind what Congress does, so long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."
    Victor Hugo

4 days to go !!!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Three day count down folks. These are sweet fish. I have seen them in person so I know. At this rate Lindsay is walking away with a sweet deal.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Just under 12 hours left everyone. Dont miss out on these awesome fish and the chance to do a good thing here for SimplyDiscus. We don't get these opportunities often to auction off Fish here...but when we do they are always super nice Fish..hand picked for us.

You know you want these fish...go for it!

Good luck !
    Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by astrochick00 View Post
    I want to raise the bar a little bit here. These are very, very nice fish and the free shipping adds $100-$150 of value to the auction. But the purpose is not just for one person to get these nice fish; the purpose is to raise money for simply. I'm going to bid ONCE more, mostly because I don't realistically have a tank for these guys (though I can slap one up in a hurry if I got really lucky). My bid comes with a pledge, and I want to see if anyone else will do this:

I'm bidding $725. I seriously don't think that's enough to win this auction, so I'm also pledging to donate 10% of that bid if I don't win. So Simply will get $72.50 out of me regardless. Are any of the previous bidders or future bidders willing to do the same?
    Less than 4:30 left and this bid still stands? That's pretty amazing. Too bad my taxes didn't come out better.
    President - North American Discus Association

Default Re: Auction Auction!!! Red Hot!!!First Coast Discus

Less than 2 hours to go... Lindsay, you may need to get a tank ready!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Lindsay

This is insane. I did bring a tank up, just in case. I can't believe that there's not somebody out there that's just playing it cool and waiting until the 11th hour to try to keep the price down. These are the nicest RSG's I've ever seen.
    "I don't mind what Congress does, so long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses."
    Victor Hugo

$775.
    Mama Bear

Folks auction is over and we have a winner!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Congratulations Liz! You got a royal steal here!.

Thanks everyone for bidding...and thank you Ryan for your generousity!

Al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Congratulations, Liz! And thank you to everyone who bid in the auction. These have been one of my favorite strains since I first saw them in person in 2014. I jumped at the chance to import them again. Ricky does not have these available very often!

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Congrats Liz, very nice group of fish. One of my favorites too.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Ryan I've had tried unsuccessfully to buy a pair of good non-albino RSGs for 8 years. I even tried having a sponsor here special order some for me!

These fish are more than I ever dreamed of owning. They are magnificent. They are show fish. I thought that they'd go for $1000. to $1200. They should have. I hope you can take consolation the fact that you have fulfilled my wildest discus dream. Thank you,
    Liz
    Mama Bear

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Big congratulations Liz! For those here who don't know Liz, I can assure you she will give them the best of homes. They will want for nothing.
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast