ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Golden Gate

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Golden Gate

I had a few hours to spare last Thursday while I was near San Francisco so I drove up the coast and to the Presidio. Here's a few pictures I took of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Crossing Under

Straight On

Structure

Tree Tops

I enjoyed my time around the bridge, hopefully I'm passing a little of that on.
    President - North American Discus Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Default Re: Golden Gate

I really like that third picture. Really draws your eye down the bridge.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

I was there 3 hours ago, very nice day and not too cold.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Beautiful shots. I particularly like the last one. It is almost impossible to take a shot of the bridge that someone already hasn't done, but this one in particular is one of those "local people" type shots where the general masses may not know about. This is the first I have seen a shot like that, and for this reason, it is my favorite.

You didn't sign up for the camera journey Keith! Go join!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Nice ones! I didn't get a chance to go this far when I was in San Fran, need to go back. I'd love to see a timelapse clip especially at dusk of that straight on bridge shot.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Tony

You are late for superbowl . Welcome to California, enjoy the weather.
    My Fish Space
    300gallon Bare Bottom Tank [COMPLETED]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "seek peace and pursue it"

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    I really like that third picture. Really draws your eye down the bridge.
    Pat
    Thanks Pat. I really like all the structure elements in that picture too.

Quote Originally Posted by warblad79 View Post
    I was there 3 hours ago, very nice day and not too cold.
    The weather was awesome the day I was there too. I was one day ahead of the kook shooting people with the blow gun too, so that was a big plus. Couldn't believe when I read that story.

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Beautiful shots. I particularly like the last one. It is almost impossible to take a shot of the bridge that someone already hasn't done, but this one in particular is one of those "local people" type shots where the general masses may not know about. This is the first I have seen a shot like that, and for this reason, it is my favorite.

You didn't sign up for the camera journey Keith! Go join!
    Thanks Ricardo, knowing what a critical eye you have I'll definitely take all that as a compliment. As I told Pat privately earlier I posted the pictures in reverse order of how well I liked them, so we agree on favorites. I will admit however Pat's comments about the third picture did give me pause.

A couple things on the camera journey. I did communicate with Al that if he wants the camera to land at my place just before the NADA event I'd take care of getting the camera there. I also made it clear I didn't want it in my hands at the event. All the pictures in this thread were taken with my Samsung Note 3, don't think I've ever shot a real 35mm. All the manuals and settings etc. just seem to me to take something from being fun to work. Sort of like having too many discus tanks. I'll consider it though if one of you experts wants to hold my hand through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    Nice ones! I didn't get a chance to go this far when I was in San Fran, need to go back. I'd love to see a timelapse clip especially at dusk of that straight on bridge shot.
    Time lapse of that would be interesting. I didn't get quite as low to take that shot as I would have liked to, after all the time spent sitting in planes and cars the prior couple of days the body wasn't complying as I would have liked it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    You are late for superbowl . Welcome to California, enjoy the weather.
    Late to the party and already gone, left Friday. I was in Santa Clara on Wednesday however and did get some pictures of the tear down process and the few things still up. A few posts from the end of this thread: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...01#post1199101
    President - North American Discus Association

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Keith, that camera has a auto feature allowing you just to point and shoot.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    Thanks Ricardo, knowing what a critical eye you have I'll definitely take all that as a compliment. As I told Pat privately earlier I posted the pictures in reverse order of how well I liked them, so we agree on favorites. I will admit however Pat's comments about the third picture did give me pause.

A couple things on the camera journey. I did communicate with Al that if he wants the camera to land at my place just before the NADA event I'd take care of getting the camera there. I also made it clear I didn't want it in my hands at the event. All the pictures in this thread were taken with my Samsung Note 3, don't think I've ever shot a real 35mm. All the manuals and settings etc. just seem to me to take something from being fun to work. Sort of like having too many discus tanks. I'll consider it though if one of you experts wants to hold my hand through it.

We've done it before Keith

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com