ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Rose Reds

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Rose Reds

Here you will find all pictures associated with Rose Reds:

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Rose Reds

The following pictures were provided by Eric Lacroix from Carolina Discus:
    Rose reds 4 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Rose reds 3 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Rose reds 2 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    rose reds 1 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Will add mine soon
    -Elliot

I have no pics of mine but I've always found Rose Reds and Red Covers to be less tomato Red and more brown red.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Kyla

some pics of my red rose before i sold it. this male came from canadian aqua farms

Couldn't get good pics of female. Following pics are of male. Definitely huge difference between RR and VR. RR females look REALLY close to RC females I've had yet my RC female is noticeably bigger. I've had RC females from Kenny and although I got these RR's from Carolina Discus, Eric originally sourced them from Kenny/Forrest (at no discredit to Eric though... love the heck out of him and hoping he breeds them since he culls the heck out of broods for the best shape/quality). Only difference I could see between RR female strain I had and RR female was an extremely sooooft velvet quality with the RC females. RR female still has a soft quality (can't explain that... you have to have to understand... pics can't capture) but the difference is she's bigger and the red is darker. I'll get pics of her when able but can't get her when I'm trying to take pics... she get's weirded out when I try.

Male is golden yet no definitive color change from body to fins. Seems like the color engulfs both body and fins with little distinction (unlike that of female traits). I did not like/desire males of this strain before buying because the females were so much more attractive; however, now I favor him as much (if not more) than the female. Love the separation in color pattern between the sexes in this strain. My VR males are so much different than this RR male. I've never had a RC male to compare. Obviously they have bars so compared to true San Merahs can somewhat be made.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Ricardo

Thank you both for sharing these pics of this beautiful strain. I particularly like this one

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

My rose red paired up with a young alencer female with their first offspring.

IMG_9465.jpg