AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a new light fixture :)

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Got a new light fixture :)

Unfortunately it isn't for the discus tank haha!

It is actually for my 22g SW build. HOWEVER, it will go on the discus tank in the meantime in place of my current LED fixture. I tried it momentarily and it was so bright it was ridiculous, but the colors really popped on the discus. Hopefully I can get the fixture in next week, but I actually have to move the tank during a WC which I am not looking forward to. Especially since I injured my back this week.

Anyways, enough talk, here is the already drilled 22g Mr. Aqua low iron tank with the Maxspect 420R 160w 16k fixture:

DSC06790 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    DSC06792 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Sorry, tank has the horrible water marks but I forgot to clean them out

Here is a shot of the box:
    DSC06794 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    DSC06793 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr

and a bonus shot(s). A local Scape member (who bought my discus) came over to help me drill the tank:

DSC06784 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    DSC06786 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    DSC06787 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Voila!
    DSC06788 by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr
    Done product. This will have a side mount Bean Animal overflow system in place with a custom AIO that I will make. Wish me luck

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Default Re: Got a new light fixture :)

This is sick! Can't wait to see it progress.
    -Matt

Very very cool! Any idea on what will be in the SW tank?

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-n00b View Post
    This is sick! Can't wait to see it progress.
    Thanks Matt. I am pretty stoked about it myself

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Very very cool! Any idea on what will be in the SW tank?

al
    Yup, My goal is to have high end Bubble tip anemone's as well as some corals from the Euphyllia family; hammers, torch, frogspawn. More than likely only 2 of these type on a separate rock structure on the other side as these can sting other coral and are pretty aggressive. The BTA's would have to establish in the tank first as they are wanderers and I need them to get settled in.

That would be it though as far as corals and only clowns as fish . More than likely some high end ones too.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

A Lightning Maroon Clown pair perhaps? haha Hey you said high end!

You might also consider something like some Cinnamon or Tomato type clowns. Just something different than what everyone else may have. It's really tough to go wrong with a lot of the clowns though. Such a common fish but really underrated.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

A Lightning Maroon Clown pair perhaps? haha Hey you said high end!

You might also consider something like some Cinnamon or Tomato type clowns. Just something different than what everyone else may have. It's really tough to go wrong with a lot of the clowns though. Such a common fish but really underrated.
    Those look really nice! I was thinking more in the range of $100-$150 per clown, so that may be just out of my price range, but you never know!

I actually really liked these:
    http://www.sharkandreef.com/midnight...ion-ocellaris/

Don't personally like the orange mouth, but haven't seen an all black one. How would I tell if it was sick?!? (Discus joke!)

I have to do more research though to see which clowns are most compatible with BTA's as from what I am reading, not all of them get hosted by certain nems.

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Matt

Here you go!
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2375473

As far as I know the orange mouth is the last portion to turn black. That could happen late in life or never. Hard to say. But its part of that Midnight line. I don't know how crazy you are about white on the clownfish (I love black and whites myself it was my second choice behind my Onyx pair). But a simple Darwin variety or the Phantoms might be cool. Love me some plain Darwins.
    http://www.seaandreef.com/marine-orn...wnfish/phantom

That site above is cool to look at all the different lines. Usually most LFS can order them in, that's what I did with my Onyx.
    -Matt

Real Name
    Ricardo

Here you go!
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2375473

As far as I know the orange mouth is the last portion to turn black. That could happen late in life or never. Hard to say. But its part of that Midnight line. I don't know how crazy you are about white on the clownfish (I love black and whites myself it was my second choice behind my Onyx pair). But a simple Darwin variety or the Phantoms might be cool. Love me some plain Darwins.
    http://www.seaandreef.com/marine-orn...wnfish/phantom

That site above is cool to look at all the different lines. Usually most LFS can order them in, that's what I did with my Onyx.
    As I was looking through the link you provided, I was googling the names of some. I came across this:
    http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/30766...lassification/

I found myself liking the black and white ones as well such as the Darwins you mention.

I'm willing to drop max $300 on a pair of clowns but I have to factor in shipping as well. Hopefully and LFS can get this done for me and get the fish before they even hit their systems.

Cafepress.com

Is that tank glass?

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    Is that tank glass?
    yup, low iron Mr. Aqua

Cafepress.com

Ah. So extra clear glass...

Thanks

Looks cool enjoy

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
    Ah. So extra clear glass...

Thanks

Looks cool enjoy
    Thanks. It is Mr. Aqua's "exquisite" line which someone told me is basically their brand of starphire glass. I will tell you, the glass is super clear in real life and I can't wait to take pictures with something in there. My hope is that you will not be able to even see the glass in the pics

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Unfortunately it isn't for the discus tank haha!

It is actually for my 22g SW build....Wish me luck
    Do you actually need luck when you create and maintain immaculate aquatic systems? I wish you luck anyway I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with a rimless nano-reef.
    .................................................. .........................

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by ericNH View Post
    Do you actually need luck when you create and maintain immaculate aquatic systems? I wish you luck anyway I am really looking forward to seeing what you do with a rimless nano-reef.
    I will need the luck Eric! This is my first SW build and I seem to be going in with the pedal to the metal, lol. I am doing what I do with every other hobby, over-research, over-spend and customize to only MY likes apparently, because when I try to sell stuff, it never does sell for anywhere near what I paid to buy/make lol. Such is life I suppose. I already have a big plan in mind for this build.

I may just use this thread for the build. Here was the first planning stage for this build:
    12g Graphing by Rick Vasquez, on Flickr

I should still be able to do everything that is on there as I have already drilled the tank and there is no turning back.
    Last edited by rickztahone; 02-22-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Cafepress.com

Its been a real long time since I kept Marine. I've kept sebae, tomato and percula clowns.. never any high tech corals... just live rock and anemones. I really enjoyed keeping tangs as well and I had several Lionfish. . My son keeps twisting my arm to set up another tank.. We will see. I will be watching your journey closely Ricardo!

al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast