ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELLO and Welcome to COSMO'S WORLD

Real Name
    Jim

Cool HELLO and Welcome to COSMO'S WORLD

Well, just got this up and running, and am in the middle of a WC right now so can't write too much, but.... more to come soon

Would just like to add don't forget to watch Chicago Fire tonight on NBC 9PM Chicago Time, check your local listings lol The guy complaining about the traffic lights will be me

catch ya soon
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: HELLO and Welcome to COSMO'S WORLD

Cool Jim. Nice digs here at Cosmo's World! I think I asked you this before, but is Chicago Fire on Hulu?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Cool Jim. Nice digs here at Cosmo's World! I think I asked you this before, but is Chicago Fire on Hulu?
    Thanks man, kind of like having an online man cave lol My wife claims I have three in our house, and to be honest, I kind of do but only because two of them are unused spaces right now I googled Chicago Fire on Hulu and it appars as though you can but it didn't state whether or not you could get the current one while it's being broadcast. It did say to watch soon though cause you couldn't go back too far. Apparently there's a subscription cost but you can do a free trial. And that.. is about the sum of my knowledge on the subject haha

Going to have to spend some time in your digs too and check out the grow out thread I always used to buy small Discus cause I loved watching them grow, but this time around I got a mix of adult size and a few 4 inchers. The little guys are so cute.. kind of like kittens lol

Again, thanks for the kind words and for being my very first visitor. I'll catch ya later (gotta get dinner ready before the wife gets home )

Real Name
    Ricardo

If it is on Hulu it will be on tomorrow. It always airs the next day from the airing date.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    If it is on Hulu it will be on tomorrow. It always airs the next day from the airing date.
    let me know what you think of the "Elderly Man" (the name of my role on the script lol) AND the name on my dressing room door haha It is a union gig so I had my own dressing room... kewl

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    let me know what you think of the "Elderly Man" (the name of my role on the script lol) AND the name on my dressing room door haha It is a union gig so I had my own dressing room... kewl
    Did you actually have a speaking part? They pay way more if you speak. It's a union thing. Please know that the Union will contact you about joining. You don't have to join the union for just an occasional role. I olny know this because my dead husband worked in films for years. I sure wish that I owned a TV or was willing to pay a cent for anything offered over the internet. I'm afraid I will have to miss your debut.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Did you actually have a speaking part? They pay way more if you speak. It's a union thing. Please know that the Union will contact you about joining. You don't have to join the union for just an occasional role. I olny know this because my dead husband worked in films for years. I sure wish that I owned a TV or was willing to pay a cent for anything offered over the internet. I'm afraid I will have to miss your debut.
    Perhaps not, maybe just a little delayed. Not sure if I can pull it off but I have a plan.
    President - North American Discus Association

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    Liz, i cut the cord w/ cable too : )

I will see if i can stream it or if on netflix or hulu.

netflix is well worth the monthly fee (IMHO) hulu..not so much

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Well let's see if this worked.

Last edited by Second Hand Pat; 02-23-2016 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Fixed vid
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Ralph

Thanks Keith

Jim...your part made the show. Your a natural so when is the Red Carpet event.
    I was in a back ground shot operating a excavator back-hole and got paid $75.00 in a 12 sec scene years back. Never got invited to the Oscars

...Ralph
    "Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
    -John Wooden

Registered Member

Great job Jim, I guess I should have asked for your autograph on Saturday at Mirandas'.

Rick

That was pretty darn cool Jim!

thanks Keith!
    al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    Great job Jim, I guess I should have asked for your autograph on Saturday at Mirandas'.

Rick
    Next time Rick lol

Real Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Altum Nut View Post
    Thanks Keith

Jim...your part made the show. Your a natural so when is the Red Carpet event.
    I was in a back ground shot operating a excavator back-hole and got paid $75.00 in a 12 sec scene years back. Never got invited to the Oscars

...Ralph
    lol, my 10 seconds of fame Funny, no one has mentioned the Oscars to me yet either??? lol As far as a natural... took a lot of classes and personal coaches to get close to being a natural haha

how long has this been going on!

nice

I started taking classes about 3 years ago, mainly for theater though, which by the way, pays virtually nothing if anything at all. Then one day one of the beter talent agencies in Chicago invited me in to audition and ended up signing me (they needed someone of my "type"). Started taking on camera classes where acting is entirely different than theater, and started seeing a coach regularly when I started auditioning in late 2014. Did a short student filme where I was Eli the Great (lol), then some corporate training type things and web commercials in 2015. Auditioned numerous times for TV roles but never booked one until now. Long story short, took about 3 years from first class to first time on TV. What happens now? who knows hahahahaha

Sorry I didn't respoind to everyone above, somehow I missed the posts until just now - with a special thanks to Keith
    Last edited by Cosmo; 02-26-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast