ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 150g Planted Discus Tank - Goh Eng Khoon Line

Registered Member

Default Re: 150g Planted Discus Tank - Goh Eng Khoon Line

Awesome!!!

Registered Member

Last edited by rickztahone; 04-16-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Bala de Plata View Post
    Looking very good Rory. I see one is really big! He must be the boss of the tank.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Been a little while..

Been non co2 for almost 8 weeks now. Have the lights dialed way down, plants are ok. Little melt and transition here and there but ok overall. Plan was always to get plants to grow and spread as much and as quick as reasonably possible without algae issues too much. Now that they got there I'm taking the foot off the gas so it just maintains a full and very slow/sustainable (little to no trimming) state. Only doing two 50% WC's a week by apex control now, was daily for first 60+ days.

Fish are happy. Deitritus accumulation has been an issue as the tank has filled out. Looking at adding a closed loop micron filtration cartridge that I can also incorporate/use some pool/solenoid valves for auto back flushing/cleaning the cartridge in an overall attempt filter the finer debris and lessen the burden on the rollermat.

Tinker, tinker, tinker.

Sorry guys if these pics look like sh ite. I only ever use my phone for the forum and not a desktop, so I'm not sure if they are all pixelated crap or what... Sigh[emoji20]

Absolutely beautiful, Bala. Loooove the lay out and complimenting group of fish.
    -Elliot

Real Name
    Ricardo

As I told you yesterday Rory, that is looking stunning. Let us know how your tinker goes . You are a regular MacGyver

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Good stuff Rory,
    What is the size of your discus?

Registered Member

Thanks guys.

I have never measured but since you asked tried to compare one of the bigger ones to the size of my hand while it was parrell to the glass. After measuring my hand to the approx size id say it is about 6.25" to 6.5" nose to tail

Real Name
    Pam

Pretty looking tank!

Registered Member

Been a while since posting. Here's a bit of a quick update..

The tank has now been set up for a full year and 95% automated in WC and filter Maintenance. In this year I have used 7 rolls of the Rollermatt fabric. I did lose one discus over the summer I believe, it was always the odd one out. Two have paired off and have been breeding about every other week or so for a few months. But they always breed above the WC line so it never last more than a day or two. Luckily with the layout the fish are not too aggressive with each other and there is room to be spread out and have their own territory. Im really not interested in trying to change any thing to get a succesful breed, just think its funny that they keep going at it and I have not done a thing to encourage it, in fact I have tried to discourage lol!

Daughter helped me "clean" the plants a month or so ago. Unfortunately her version of cleaning resemblse tearing plants to bits. Try not to thing about the huge clumps of NLJava Fern and Anubias Petite I lost. oh well, going for a Amazon forest now. here is some video last night cathcing them in action.

https://youtu.be/QACYCxZ0UHY

https://youtu.be/vB2IYgfYF5I

https://youtu.be/ksjqH90bAxk

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Thanks for the updates. Nothing better than looking at a well set up planted tank with beautiful discus in it...l didn't catch what strain they are though.
    Since the clean up your plants have been thinned out dramatically, but l'm sure they will bounce back in no time. I also think that its fantastic that you are able to get your daughter involved with it, shredded plants or not. Well done all round
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Ricardo

Well don't Rory.

Joe, Rory's discus come from the same batch mine came from, so they are eruption leopards and fine line snakes, 14 bar

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Joe Zammit

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Well don't Rory.

Joe, Rory's discus come from the same batch mine came from, so they are eruption leopards and fine line snakes, 14 bar
    Thanks Ricardo. Very nice!
    We're here for a good time...not a long time

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    Well don't Rory.

Lol,meant to say done, not don't.

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Hey mate,
    great looking tank and setup, what do you feed your discus? How often are they getting feed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast