ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Great Experience With First Coast Discus

Registered Member

Default Great Experience With First Coast Discus

I would like to share my recent experience with Ryan Smith at First Coast Discus, a Simply sponsor. By way of explanation, I have bred a line of Red Turquoise Discus for about 6 years now. I opted to bring in some new blood, and asked Ryan if he could supply a suitable female Carnation Turquoise from Rickey Lim.
    We had to wait for a new shipment to go through QT at Ryan's facility in Central Florida. We kept in touch through Private Messages on this Forum, and Ryan kept a lookout for the right fish for my needs and eventually shipped one of the largest and most robust female discus I have ever encountered. I expect she will be an asset to my breeding program.
    The whole experience was positive. Ryan's packing was extraordinary, and the fish arrived in perfect condition. She acclimated immediately, and was eating the next morning.
    Best of all, Ryan was a pleasure to do business with. He is a hard core hobbyist himself, and puts tremendous effort in providing a great product at a fair price. Thank you Ryan and First Coast Discus.

Richard

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: Great Experience With First Coast Discus

Only the best from Ryan. Without pictures though, this whole story never happened

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. Here goes my feeble attempt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Ricardo

What a beauty! TFS!

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Thank you so much for the kind words, Richard! I appreciate your patience and understanding. I hope you are able to get some nice fry from her.

Richard got lucky -- he was after a female and this strain spawns early for me. She was laying eggs three days after arriving here from Ricky's farm, and was very much the dominant fish in the tank. I snagged a video of her pairing with a male and cleaning the heater prior to laying eggs.

Registered Member

Update here. Ryan picked a good female for sure. She spawned with my best male Red Turq today, and so the line continues. Ryan is the "go to guy" if you have a need for special hand picked spectacular fish.

Richard

I'm a big fan of Ryan's myself. He knows quality.
    Mama Bear

I very much appreciate the kind words and the feedback. I have been thrilled with Ricky's stock and I am glad to be able to share it with folks here in the States. Congratulations on the spawn, Richard. Hopefully there are many more to come.