ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Here is a graphical view of where folks are coming from for NADA 2016. Updating the map is a manual process but I'll try to get it done daily. If you shout out on this thread you've made hotel reservations it will be a good prompt for me to go out and review the hotel show database and update the map.

You MUST book as part of the NADA group to be sure you get our reduced room rate of $115 for 2 persons per room and be included on the map below. The easiest way to do that is using this link to the NADA show page http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/ or by going directly to the hotel reservation page for the NADA show. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/even...9&key=36E7F357 If you feel you have to call to make your reservation and get anything other than the $115 rate you have not been put in the NADA group.

The hotel reservation link above has been fixed.

As it says below, if your state or province isn't represented, you can fix that!!! Hope to see your marker on the map soon and see you in Lombard at the 2016 NADA show. If you have any questions on how to make a reservation or get a sold out message please contact me before proceeding so we get you in and at the best rate. It could save you over $100 a night!

You can click on the following link to get to an interactive map. https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1868751
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 06-29-2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added Michael Viel
    President - North American Discus Association

Default Re: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

I just want to let everyone know that not everyone who registered for the show has made their hotel reservations yet. We have show registrations from Washington State, British Columbia Canada, Bogota Columbia. Plus I have not made any of the reservations yet for any of the speakers.
    Jerry Baer
    it's just a box of rain

Hi Keith & Jerry, I'm hotel registered, just haven't NADA registered, lol.....now I love your maps...nice touch....Liz streithorst is bunking with me, how do you show that? just add her to my listing....maybe? we both are so looking forward to this event, it should be such fun...I sure hope everyone will join up & get with the fun & fish ed!! It will be educational, & we can always use the expertise of those giants of Discusdom on your speaker list....See y'all soon....

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
    Hi Keith & Jerry, I'm hotel registered, just haven't NADA registered, lol.....now I love your maps...nice touch....Liz streithorst is bunking with me, how do you show that? just add her to my listing....maybe? we both are so looking forward to this event, it should be such fun...I sure hope everyone will join up & get with the fun & fish ed!! It will be educational, & we can always use the expertise of those giants of Discusdom on your speaker list....See y'all soon....

Dottie
    I'll pick that up with my first map update Dot. Hopefully I'll have a few things to add soon.

Real Name
    Ricardo

It came out really nice Keith, way to go bud

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Okay Dottie, your roomie's been added.

I tossed in a belated thanks to Ricardo while I was at it.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I for sure will be there. I haven't made my reservations or travel arrangements yet but will soon. Just waiting for a commitment from my pet sitter.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Registered Member rsawest@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda

Willie and I will be there!
    It's all good.
    Linda -SOS Crew Minnesota
    Frostbite Falls Discus Club

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by rsawest@yahoo.com View Post
    Willie and I will be there!
    I noticed Willie was one of the first people to make a hotel reservation. He's serious about getting that drink I owe him.

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Jim

I made reservations and mentioned the NADA show but not sure if I got the discount?

I guess since I am on the speaker list I will be there! Really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Al
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Quote Originally Posted by Jbell View Post
    I made reservations and mentioned the NADA show but not sure if I got the discount?
    Jim - our contract is listed as North American Discus Association and since I don't see you in our report I'm sure unfortunately the reservation folks didn't make the connection between that and NADA. I've talked with our rep this morning and she's going to get NADA added into their system so hopefully you'll be the last to run into this. I'll PM you to get yours sorted out.

Real Name
    CozyKeith

A marker's been added in North Carolina...looks like magic cones are going to be available at the show. In an unrelated event the number of markers in the Twin Cities has multiplied.

Ok, thank you Keith, we are both looking forward to this meeting with "baited" breath, lol.......am I in that contract report as well? I don't remember if I saw the $$ quote, gettin' old, lol.......

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    Jim - our contract is listed as North American Discus Association and since I don't see you in our report I'm sure unfortunately the reservation folks didn't make the connection between that and NADA. I've talked with our rep this morning and she's going to get NADA added into their system so hopefully you'll be the last to run into this. I'll PM you to get yours sorted out.
    Keith, you are the best, thank you for all you do!!!! I am very grateful for you & all the crew members who step up & put in many hours to make this work so well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    Okay Dottie, your roomie's been added.

I tossed in a belated thanks to Ricardo while I was at it.
    Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

This is so awesome, Thanks Keith!!

When Keith shared this with the Show Committee I thought it was a great idea but I really didn't have time to play with it. I didn't realize it was interactive and you could actually see who and where everyone is located. A few months ago I would have been listed just North of the other location shown in Ga. just North of Atlanta but we have a contract on our house and have started changing our address to Hillsboro, Ga in the Middle of the State. So here is another benefit of this map. If you are planning on driving to the Show the trip is much more enjoyable if shared with others. Look at the map and see who will be coming from the same direction as you and reach out to them. Maybe they are looking for someone to share the ride with. This map really makes that easy since you have everyone's name and location.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast