ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Registered Member Keith Perkins's Avatar
    Real Name
    CozyKeith

Default Re: Who's coming to Chicago for NADA 2016?

Busy day on the map, welcome to David of Missouri and Grant from California.

The map is really looking great!! I don't think there is any question as to whether or not this will be the biggest and best NADA Show yet. Now for all of you that are on the map..................have you registered for the Show yet?? The map is based primarily on hotel registrations which everyone makes early so they won't miss out on the reduced rate and more importantly they are sure they will have a room. What we find though is that people procrastinate on actually registering for the Show. What's the rush after all, we surely aren't going to run out of room. Well here is the deal. It makes a really big difference from a planning perspective. Not everyone will stay at the hotel and not everyone at the hotel will actually register for the Show (spouses). This leaves us guessing at what the actual registration number will be. We need to be able to plan for how many seats are needed in the speaker rooms, how many goody bags are needed, how many t-shirts to order. We need your name to have a printed name tab and lanyard for you. So here is my request..............if you are planning on attending the GREATEST DISCUS SHOW in North America PLEASE go ahead and make your registration for the Show. It really does make a difference to those of us who are planning it for you.

http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscusshow/
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    Ricardo

Great point Larry.

Also, I will add, you can follow this link to buy your tickets to the round table breakfast as well as the awards banquet:
    http://discusnada.org/2016NADAdiscus...n-information/

Could someone verify the date on both of those though?

I still need to buy my tickets for these 2 events and I keep forgetting to.

Join the fun everyone

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    CozyKeith

The brunch/round table speakers discussion and the banquet are on Saturday Rick.

Larry, thanks for the kind words but for now it's only the biggest NADA show yet. Of course with all the tips you've been passing on we've certainly got a great shot at it being the best. We sure have a load of cool door and raffle prizes and Ardan's Creations will be stepping up the show a notch. Plus we've got Al!
    President - North American Discus Association

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Perkins View Post
    The brunch/round table speakers discussion and the banquet are on Saturday Rick.

Larry, thanks for the kind words but for now it's only the biggest NADA show yet. Of course with all the tips you've been passing on we've certainly got a great shot at it being the best. We sure have a load of cool door and raffle prizes and Ardan's Creations will be stepping up the show a notch. Plus we've got Al!
    Thanks Keith. Your map is a great indicator of how many are already coming. That isn't to say the people that have yet to book a room or are driving in locally or not staying at the hotel.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Real Name
    CozyKeith

Another marker in lower Michigan, welcome to the Justice's.

Real Name
    Geoff

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm bringing the wife and two girls (9 and 6yrs).
    My brother lives in CHI town and the girls will spend most of their time with their cousins while I talk fish all weekend. Is there a ticket I can buy them just to come in for an hour or two to just see the show fish in the tanks, or should I get them the full $50 registration? I have no problem if that's the case, NADA is awesome and we are so excited to be there.
    Thanks
    Geoff

Real Name
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Loosir View Post
    Hi all,
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I'm bringing the wife and two girls (9 and 6yrs).
    My brother lives in CHI town and the girls will spend most of their time with their cousins while I talk fish all weekend. Is there a ticket I can buy them just to come in for an hour or two to just see the show fish in the tanks, or should I get them the full $50 registration? I have no problem if that's the case, NADA is awesome and we are so excited to be there.
    Thanks
    Geoff
    The only ones that need to register are those that will be attending the speakers. Your little ones can see the fish for free, all we ask is that they are supervised

-Rick
    Ex-President-North American Discus Association-NADA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Those of you that live in the Chicago area please let you friends and neighbors know that they can come by and see the fish for free. While we would love for everyone to register, ,and come and hear the speakers, or at least join NADA, one of our biggest goals at NADA is to get more people involved in the hobby. Holding these shows and showing off our discus helps accomplish that goal.
    Last edited by nc0gnet0; 06-13-2016 at 02:40 PM.
    Larry Bugg

NADA - Vice President
    Atlanta Area Aquarium Association

Real Name
    CozyKeith

New markers in Madison, WI and Cadillac, MI. Welcome to the Jerrerd's and the Cieslak's.

Real Name
    Ricardo

In case you guys haven't seen the updated map lately, here is what it looks like!

Impressive to say the least.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 06-17-2016 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Fixed Photo

Cafepress.com

Real Name
    Geoff

Just registered, hope to see my name in lights soon!

Real Name
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    In case you guys haven't seen the updated map lately, here is what it looks like!

Impressive to say the least.
    I am the only one from the Buckeye state. I was hoping to see more. It's only about 5-6 hour drive from Ohio.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 06-17-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Fixed Photo
    Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Registered Member
    Real Name
    EJ

Hello, I am registered for the show, but not the hotel, as I live about 5 miles from Lombard. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Keith Perkins; 06-13-2016 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Fixed funny typo :)

Real Name
    CozyKeith

New markers in Wilmore, KY and Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Welcome to the map Kraig Koontz and Marvin Greenberg.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast